Skill-gain

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
DoRk

Skill-gain

Post by DoRk »

Hello.

If this was or is already discussed - my bad tho i didnt find anything about it thru the search function.

While macroing skills i encountered quite strange amounts of "skill ups": On very rare occasions the skill went up by 1.3 to 3.0 points.

First i thought this might happend because a stat also went up and thus raised the skill in the non-Real view.
But when i started to keep an eye on this i saw the skill going up first by a normal 0.1 tick and then again by over 1.0 points - with no stat changing in that time period.

Now that iam thinking about it i dont remember any skills raising by more than 0.1 on a tick back in the days even when the skill was below 30.0. But my memory might be wrong.

Another thing i noticed is about weapon skills. While i have the slight feeling that they raise too fast in general, iam very sure that it was impossible to gain skill at 90.0+ against monsters like zombies - i just gm'd fencing against a simple skeleton and it just seems very very odd.

DoRk.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Re: Skill-gain

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Yes things are unseemingly fast here.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I remember gaining more than .1 when skills were below 10.

As for gaining off zombies in the 90s, that seems completely inaccurate. Tactics is one thing to be gaining in the 90s (cause it's based on damage, not target's skill), but I'd imagine that combat skills shouldn't be gaining like that.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I concur.

Red

Post by Red »

Skills only gained as much as 0.4 when your skill was low.