Rotating Duelz Arenas

Topics related to Second Age
WarmApplepie

Rotating Duelz Arenas

Post by WarmApplepie »

Anyone looking to set up a duel schedule? Just thoughts to start but I'd like to see all of great arenas used. mYm, ACE, Turtle Bay etc etc

Something like N -C. Started a few months back. With the winter crew coming back slowly but surely, and what seems like quite a few new players coming to the shard I'd like to see action Packed events to keep interest high!! Thoughts? Ideas?
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Rotating Duelz Arenas

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

If a schedule is made, I can be sure to promote it on Facebook and with the in-game town criers, assuming there isn't a larger event going on at the same time that needs the exposure (eg: shard events, or non reoccurring player events).

This would be a good way to practice while waiting for the bi-monthly Order and Chaos tournaments or other staff ran tournaments.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:If a schedule is made, I can be sure to promote it on Facebook and with the in-game town criers, assuming there isn't a larger event going on at the same time that needs the exposure (eg: shard events, or non reoccurring player events).

This would be a good way to practice while waiting for the bi-monthly Order and Chaos tournaments or other staff ran tournaments.
Ill try to get something started. Thanks for your support. 2 more days and my char will be ready to dethrone Warlord
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

WarmApplepie wrote:2 more days and my char will be ready to dethrone Warlord
lol
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Ali

Post by Ali »

We should get a weekly schedule going.

Something like -->

Mon - 3-8 EST - MYM

Tue - 4-9 EST - ACE

Wed - 5-10 EST - PEE Docks

Thu - 6-11 EST - MYM

Fri - 7-12 EST - ACE

Sat - ALL DAMN DAY - PEE Docks

Sun - Before and After Bronco's victory - Wrong Roof
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Ali wrote:We should get a weekly schedule going.

Something like -->

Mon - 3-8 EST - MYM

Tue - 4-9 EST - ACE

Wed - 5-10 EST - PEE Docks

Thu - 6-11 EST - MYM

Fri - 7-12 EST - ACE

Sat - ALL DAMN DAY - PEE Docks

Sun - Before and After Bronco's victory - Wrong Roof
I like it. Maybe we can do something like the NFL betting. Character writes name, when they'll be available and what they are willing to risk in a duel. Obviously practice and free duels are important, but for the players that feel their time is worth gold, they can set it up before hand.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Sometime next week, if you guys are serious about starting something up, I'd like to have an IRC chat about this to see what we can piece together.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

We arrrr serious! We can put the schedule on the bulletin boards as well. I'll start stocking dueling vendors at PEEopolis and Red Skull Bay. :)
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

I'm going to put restock vendor at WAPs dojo. (ACE)

Boomland lmk when you'll be on IRC next week to see chat. I'd like to help out wherever I can. Schedule permitting thanks WAP. ARGHHHHH!
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

N-C Events

Post by N-C Events »

This is a great idea. When I started the events I was really surprised with the mass turnouts considering the population. My main issue was people do not like to actually compete in duels unless there is a substantial pot at stake.

The first few I gave away quite a bit of prizes but since it was coming out of my pocket I struggled to keep going.

I think it is viable to say the same system of automated events can be recreated with some player involvement but you do not realize how much work it actually takes until you start. Sure it sounds easy on paper yet when divulging into it , deems more time consuming then presently thought.

The biggest issue to me and is actually the main reason I finally called it quits on the server was mainly due to immense disrespect. You will do a great deal to create something everyone in the forums craves but when you actually do it people become quite unappreciative. Which I know is something the admins deal with everyday.

If anyone is starting this id be happy to share ideas that worked and what did not work . Or even donate a bit to the cause. I am glad there is a group of quality people still supporting this server!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

N-C Events wrote: The biggest issue to me and is actually the main reason I finally called it quits on the server was mainly due to immense disrespect. You will do a great deal to create something everyone in the forums craves but when you actually do it people become quite unappreciative. Which I know is something the admins deal with everyday.
+1

imo just say fuck everyone and do it for the community.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.