CTF Flag ID Changing

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

CTF Flag ID Changing

Post by RoadKill »

Pretty simple suggestion here. I think the flag ID should change every time it's traded/spawned, this would make it more based on user skill, and not user's ability to make and hit a hotkey.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: CTF Flag ID Changing

Post by Fwerp »

Agreed, this should make it so that there are more captures (we just had a capture-less ctf), and give the advantage to the flagger with the flag on last object, not the flag-spawn camper. Overall, it should make for a more strategic game.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Fwerp wrote:Agreed, this should make it so that there are more captures (we just had a capture-less ctf), and give the advantage to the flagger with the flag on last object, not the flag-spawn camper. Overall, it should make for a more strategic game.
Gotta love when a game ends with a score "0" to "-6" :)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

should have to stand on the flag a couple seconds to pick it up
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

RoadKill wrote:Pretty simple suggestion here. I think the flag ID should change every time it's traded/spawned, this would make it more based on user skill, and not user's ability to make and hit a hotkey.
This has been stated many times... I would love for this to happen to.

The big "auto grabbers" are Loops and Spanky, yet they claim it's fair and part of the game because anyone can take the time during a CTF and set up hotkeys... I think it's just another 'abuse' of Razor and really ruins the fun. I no longer see the point in killing the flag carrier because his teammate is just going to auto grab it and now he has a reset timer.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Its not "auto-grabbing" ... it is a macro that has to be pressed to use item type. If you really believe that Spanky and I are the only "big users" that do this, mechanic that everyone else has access to use, you are truly mistaken. I've seen you grab flags as quick as I can, and don't say "i have good double clicking skills" ...

... If it was fixed great! But lets be real here. CTF fix is the last thing on derrick's mind. Plenty of more important accuracy fixes to do before hes gonna fix something that never existed in the game at all and is playable.

venox

Post by venox »

i would like to see this happen.
something that would open the field up to more.

there is no reason why a specific razor macro should be able to give some players an advantage.
i personally find it exclusive

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

venox wrote:i would like to see this happen.

there is no reason why a specific razor macro should be able to give some players an advantage.
The underlined word is the misconception ...

1. anyone can make the macro
2. it is not elaborate, it is only 1 line

Don't even need a macro ... double click the flag in your base when it begins, and have a UO macro for "last object" and it does the exact same thing ...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Agreed, just set up your own macros its so simple a caveman can do it.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Jaster wrote:
venox wrote:i would like to see this happen.

The underlined word is the misconception ...

1. anyone can make the macro
2. it is not elaborate, it is only 1 line

Don't even need a macro ... double click the flag in your base when it begins, and have a UO macro for "last object" and it does the exact same thing ...
That's a poor excuse Loops. Anyone "COULD" make the macro, however you join events to play them, not spend time figuring out how you can exploit them.

Clearly CTF was not meant to be played this way, this is a great suggestion.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Red

Post by Red »

I don't want to resort to making a macro to double click a flag faster than everyone else.
PvP here is about player skill, and the CTF is PvP oriented. Why shouldn't CTF be about player skill as well?
I'd like to see this fixed.

venox

Post by venox »

it doesnt matter how easy it is to create, its not common knowledge and thus not a misconseption at all.
whats wrong with keeping every one who enters the game at the same level?

defending such a propossal can only mean you see the advantage of been able to use such a macro over those that do not, the haves and the have nots...

this change would not make such a distinction.
and would not have a significant change to the way in which those with the macro play the ctf, except would have to be quicker with the mouse.
it would still be ctf...

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

how about this....when you pick up the flag, you can no longer run, but only walk. on a side note, would this even possible???
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?