31%

Total votes: 13

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

* * UOSA will Repopulate * *

Post by Kublai Khan »

Excerpt taken from UOSA Wiki:

Era Accuracy is the ultimate goal of UOSA. Because T2A encompassed several patches and several eras within itself, a specific "target date" has been chosen for replication. The target date was decided to be November of 1999.

Era accurate housing decay proof:

"House decay rate has been doubled (it is now approximately 11 days from perfect condition to its destruction)."

Source: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Ultima_Onli ... 03/18/1998

This is my case for era accuracy or inaccurate. I think this will be good change for the server and accurate with server mission. Now with any change there will be minor details like grandfathering that would ultimately be up to staff to decide and this change itself all together.

What will this change even accomplish? Well that will all be pure speculation without implementation, we will never know. It will however keep us in line with the main mission of UOSA.

Please try to keep discussion civil and don't forget to vote. If you don't vote or disagree with anything, please discuss here. Thanks to staff in advance for responding to this post and all that they do.

tl;dr -
>11 day house decay is accurate
>14 day house decay is NOT accurate

>Vote!!!
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (65.53 KiB) Viewed 3788 times

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: * * UOSA will Repopulate * *

Post by Roser »

Is house decay not 11 days currently?

I was away for 12 days recently and on day 9 my houses were GW.... I was 95% sure my houses would fall before I got back, so I had a friend refresh them.

I'm pretty sure it's already 11 days.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

It's 14 days. As explained in IRC, 14 days and 11 days are accurate to UOSA's chosen era. Notice in those patch notes that 11 days is simply an update to the 14 day period that was already standing. IMO, the drop period is nothing more than staff discretion and rightfully so.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

3 days difference won't matter muchbanyways
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kublai Khan »

Capitalist wrote:It's 14 days. As explained in IRC, 14 days and 11 days are accurate to UOSA's chosen era. Notice in those patch notes that 11 days is simply an update to the 14 day period that was already standing. IMO, the drop period is nothing more than staff discretion and rightfully so.
Source of 14 day decay!

I'm okay with 22 days or 11 but if no source, why is it even 14?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Do your really think population would come back if houses started decaying? It won't. Housing isn't the issue.
The issue is this is a 15 year old game on an era accurate shard that won't evolve and therefore gets boring once you've accomplished everything.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kublai Khan »

Menkaure wrote:Do your really think population would come back if houses started decaying? It won't. Housing isn't the issue.
The issue is this is a 15 year old game on an era accurate shard that won't evolve and therefore gets boring once you've accomplished everything.
Pure speculation ^

I'm really just saying stay with the mission, Era Accuracy. Where did 14 day house decay come from?

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

this has nothing to do with population. if youre just sticking with era accuracy, whats up with the thread title?

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kublai Khan »

vintirex wrote:this has nothing to do with population. if youre just sticking with era accuracy, whats up with the thread title?
Prove your statement? Or else this is pure speculation ^

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Both are speculation if you want to play that game. If you pointed out a possible era "inaccuracy" based on the shards cut off date then *clap*. I didn't read the patch notes and don't care. I do care that we need to start getting updates for current in the game mechanics that aren't "era accurate" so keep digging landlubbers! The goal of the current player base should be to a) play the game without complaints and b) ensure we are following Derrick's goal of a true UOSA shard based on the cut off date by hunting down the proof of how it was..... Yar.
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kublai Khan »

HardCore wrote:Both are speculation if you want to play that game. If you pointed out a possible era "inaccuracy" based on the shards cut off date then *clap*. I didn't read the patch notes and don't care. I do care that we need to start getting updates for current in the game mechanics that aren't "era accurate" so keep digging landlubbers! The goal of the current player base should be to a) play the game without complaints and b) ensure we are following Derrick's goal of a true UOSA shard based on the cut off date by hunting down the proof of how it was..... Yar.
Not sure what you mean by "Both are speculation if you want to play that game." ?

I didn't read the patch notes and don't care. I do care that we need to start getting updates for current in the game mechanics that aren't "era accurate" so keep digging landlubbers! - These two statements contradict each other.

The goal of the current player base should be to a) play the game without complaints and b) ensure we are following Derrick's goal of a true UOSA shard based on the cut off date by hunting down the proof of how it was..... Yar. - I agree with part B, and disagree with part A. Derrick has welcomed complaints and feedback.

UOSA Wiki page excerpt on "Era Accuracy":

"Era Accuracy is the ultimate goal of UOSA. Because T2A encompassed several patches and several eras within itself, a specific "target date" has been chosen for replication. The target date was decided to be November of 1999."

(The patch being discussed happened March 1998 and from what I can see didn't change after that)

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Let me do the quick message board warrior breakdown for you:

Speculation is saying "UOSA will repopulate" based on your new found patch knowledge that hasn't been verified by staff.

Me reading what you found doesn't have any relevance to me supporting finding era accurate mechanics. The two comments don't go hand in hand.

Bitching and moaning is not as welcome as you would think.

I think those were the answers you wanted. Please don't pick message board fights with me, I will win. Your post doesn't go in this section of the forums, please figure out which section you should be posting in. Yar!
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "Both are speculation if you want to play that game." ?
Your thread title (and subsequently the premise and purpose of the thread creation) is speculative. That is what our friendly neighborhood pirate was trying to convey to you. And rightfully so...as there is a whole forum section for this holy crusade to be waged.
Its ok to discuss issues that are speculative in nature. But it is a little strange to dismiss other opinions as speculative and therefore not pertinent to the discussion while at the same time toting your own speculative notions masked in your new found drive to make housing more era accurate.

You already showed your hand in the last thread. Now you want 3 less days on the refresh timer of houses because you are concerned with its accuracy? Fair enough! I'm just satisfied the poll questions being profoundly less ludicrous this time around.
By the way I voted 11 days just so I can catch those refreshers slippin' the first couple weeks its implemented. Ha! See...no need to hide your alternative motives.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Kublai Khan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kublai Khan »

HardCore wrote:Let me do the quick message board warrior breakdown for you:

Speculation is saying "UOSA will repopulate" based on your new found patch knowledge that hasn't been verified by staff.

Me reading what you found doesn't have any relevance to me supporting finding era accurate mechanics. The two comments don't go hand in hand.

Bitching and moaning is not as welcome as you would think.

I think those were the answers you wanted. Please don't pick message board fights with me, I will win. Your post doesn't go in this section of the forums, please figure out which section you should be posting in. Yar!
Are you drunk? Let's keep the keyboard fighting on Reddit.
inkognito wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
Your thread title (and subsequently the premise and purpose of the thread creation) is speculative. That is what our friendly neighborhood pirate was trying to convey to you. And rightfully so...as there is a whole forum section for this holy crusade to be waged.
Its ok to discuss issues that are speculative in nature. But it is a little strange to dismiss other opinions as speculative and therefore not pertinent to the discussion while at the same time toting your own speculative notions masked in your new found drive to make housing more era accurate.

You already showed your hand in the last thread. Now you want 3 less days on the refresh timer of houses because you are concerned with its accuracy? Fair enough! I'm just satisfied the poll questions being profoundly less ludicrous this time around.
By the way I voted 11 days just so I can catch those refreshers slippin' the first couple weeks its implemented. Ha! See...no need to hide your alternative motives.
I asked him what he meant because he didn't specify. Again lets keep the keyboard swords on reddit and don't kill the messenger. I found patch notes on prior threads where nothing was discussed about it. I'm just bringing it out into the open and people are getting hurt butted about it.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

This thread should be created on the Suggestions and Era Accuracy board and with a topic name more accurate to what you're trying to see implemented.

Based on the current direction this thread seems to be going, and based on your last thread, I feel it necessary to lock this. Go ahead and remake it , in the correct forum, with a proper name.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.