Era accuracy discussion: Account Limits

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Era accuracy discussion: Account Limits

Post by Hemperor »

oddball wrote:Actually its not If I wanted to buy 2 accounts in OSI UO and play them at the same time I could. So i dont know where your getting your info
Right.

And what was the percent that did do that? What was the percent that had really good computers at the time that could handle two clients?

Currently you can connect 4 clients here, for free. Every single person can.

Not accurate, never mind the fact that multi clienting was illegal.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Hemp it doenst matter what percent.

The fact is that me and odeball did infact have atleast 2 computes and did have more then 1 account.

it is NOT era accurate to say that there were not multi boxers. Quit crying becuase you are getting killed by whatever and blame it on era accuracy. do not try to take away my second online charecter becuase you are not good enough to duel box.

and it was NOT illegal. I remember tons of threads about multi boxers. it went over to EQ and its on WOW right now. People cry- the company says go to hell they pay us 200$ a month.

multi boxing was VERY legal, you just needed more then one computer and more then one account.
Last edited by tekai on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[broken image]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

tekai wrote:Hemp it doenst matter what percent.

The fact is that me and odeball did infact have atleast 2 computes and did have more then 1 account.

it is NOT era accurate to say that there were not multi boxers. Quit crying becuase you are getting killed by whatever and blame it on era accuracy. do not try to take away my second online charecter becuase you are not good enough to duel box.
Sorry Ol'man, horrible spelling aside, it was technically possible.

As mentioned before, "donations" should be charged for extra accounts. Many players have suggested this already, and it is legal if put in the proper words.

Now THAT is accurate.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

What is with you people and grammer? grow up.
[broken image]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

tekai wrote:What is with you people and grammer? grow up.
It was spelling actually, and as I stated, I let it slide :)

On topic posts only please, for the sake of organisation :)

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Alright well atleast get your facts strait before you post. its slander to say it was illegal. OSI never said it was illegal.
[broken image]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

tekai wrote:Alright well atleast get your facts strait before you post. its slander to say it was illegal. OSI never said it was illegal.
I'm fairly certain it was, I'd look into it if it was worth anything. You had to use a non OSI program to launch.

EDIT: Also, it wouldn't matter anyways. Plenty of illegal things are allowed here, such as macroing.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Go ahead and look, youll find that it was not, and OSI happily took your money.
[broken image]

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Man read my post

You dont need an illegal program when you have TWO COMPUTERS
[broken image]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

tekai wrote:Go ahead and look, youll find that it was not, and OSI happily took your money.
I'd look into it if it was worth anything
tekai wrote:Man read my post

You dont need an illegal program when you have TWO COMPUTERS
That is hardly multi clienting. That's using two different computers.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

tekai wrote:Hemp it doenst matter what percent.

and it was NOT illegal. I remember tons of threads about multi boxers. it went over to EQ and its on WOW right now. People cry- the company says go to hell they pay us 200$ a month.

multi boxing was VERY legal, you just needed more then one computer and more then one account.

Why then is there any restriction at all on multiclienting?

I heard about one guy who had like 20 clients and he had them all on this money making script, and if a GM came up he could like text through his phone to fool the GM that he was there, I heard he was making like 200 bucks a hour or something crazy selling the gold he got.

But thats probably bull shit.

At any rate the point is if 1% of the UO players had 2 boxes is that really reason to leave in multiclienting?

If that is the case than why don't we let us all have as many clients open as our computers can handle, since that was theoretically possible in 1999.

Most players had 1 computer, and they had 1 account, a little more had 2 accounts, and a rather large minority had 2 boxes and 2 accounts, and possibly one guy had 20 boxes and 20 accounts.

I wonder why the standard for free shards has been multiclients, it is such a gay thing, wheres the logic behind it?

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Yeah but any messing with multi-client would mess up the ledigitmate "Multi-boxers" (as we like to be called)

check out the website ive been a member of since 2007

http://www.dual-boxing.com

it currently has 24000 registered members.

when blizzard annouced the last update on active accounts it was 11 million. they later said that there was only 9 million IPs.

that means that 1.5 million people have 2 accounts (or some with 3 ect)

again

not rare, not inacurate, not cheating, and (hopefully) not going to change.
[broken image]

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:Ok heres how you can macro a character to 7x with one client.

1. Start with 50 healing 50 resist.

2. Go train anatomy, magery, and meditation.

3. Set a razor macro to cast spells on yourself then heal yourself. ( you want the whole razor code?)

4. Summon daemons while spamming all stop and attacking nearest non friendly and you will have all gm combat skills in a day.

Overall its going to take you about a week thats how long it took me.
Well, as long as every new player to Secondage joins the forum, reads this post, and picks up on how to use Razor very quickly, there'd be no problem.... except the part where that's not going to happen.

venox

Post by venox »

at first thought i was against such suggestions
but i do see a validity in having only one account.
in many ways it would make my play style easier cause i wouldnt have to remember the slight differences b/n my alts.

plus all the other reasons mentioned before.

at the end of the day, i dont think i would mind rolling my accounts in2 one, even though i have build up alot of toons. all my character slots are filled and at a "playable" level.
i may miss some of my characters but such is life. and it would then require more interaction!

its a complex issue and tbh not something i wish to dwell on too much. what ever happens i am easy.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

EVeee wrote:
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:Ok heres how you can macro a character to 7x with one client.

1. Start with 50 healing 50 resist.

2. Go train anatomy, magery, and meditation.

3. Set a razor macro to cast spells on yourself then heal yourself. ( you want the whole razor code?)

4. Summon daemons while spamming all stop and attacking nearest non friendly and you will have all gm combat skills in a day.

Overall its going to take you about a week thats how long it took me.
Well, as long as every new player to Secondage joins the forum, reads this post, and picks up on how to use Razor very quickly, there'd be no problem.... except the part where that's not going to happen.

Or people can just use their brains like I did, I didn't grab that off a forum.

Almost all people who are just here to make a 7x character as quick as possible and jump into the fray check the forums for guides, its the most logical way to find out what the best way to make your characters is.

Every new player doesn't check the forums because a lot just hop on to have fun and not do it the fastest way, not everyone is a power gamer and those who are will check the forums.