Stone Edge

Topics related to Second Age
Brenan

Stone Edge

Post by Brenan »

Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My guild and I are returning players back from the original shards. We have been seriously playing for the last month acclimating ourselves to the world. We have established a small village across the bay from Minoc, we named Stone Edge. But I just wanted to say hello and to say thank you to the Devs for recreating the world so accurately that we remember. Also wanted to say thank you to Cyan Bloodbane and Crystaline of NHG for taking me on my first dungeon crawl. Hope to see everyone in game.

-Brenan

Capitalist

Re: Stone Edge

Post by Capitalist »

Welcome good sir(s)!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Welcome! I am your neighbour, I stopped by to say hi one day while you (or maybe it was your mate) were mining!
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Brenan

Post by Brenan »

Cool! You probably ran into Baran. He's a good friend of mine. He's our primary Blacksmith. Which side of the Peninsula are you on?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I have a little bit of gold left if y'all need some start up cash
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Brenan

Post by Brenan »

I have a little bit of gold left if y'all need some start up cash
That's really nice of you. But there are 5 of us and we've all been making money pretty steadily. We have six small houses already and 4 boats. But I really appreciate your offer. I am curious how some player towns get addons like light posts and Docks. I'd love to have a dock. We had a public ferry we left unlocked so people could get to Minoc, but a griever stole it and tried to block it so we couldn't recall to it.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Indeed you will be griefed here. I hope that kind of thing doesn't discourage you guys much. Because it can happen a lot. But the freedom to do such things is what makes this era of the game the best ever.

Town add-ons are at staff discretion and usually involve a WHOLE LOT of time/gold/community support before even considered by staff.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Brenan

Post by Brenan »

I kind of knew what to expect. and how to deal with some of these issues. We've been though this before. We got our boats back because we know where to look, but now we lock them. The guy who stole them stalks us regularly, we saw him again tonight.
That was a good read though. Thanks.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

To go about getting town add-on's you should first make a public post of your current town, include pics and maybe a map of the area. Talk about your guild, how active is it? how many players? Goals etc...

Next talk to a GM about it, make a plan with them. If approved you can expect to mainly spend large amounts of resources on your add-on's as an initial cost. For a dock you may be looking at 40-80k wood planks plus ingots/ore.

Once you have payed the initial fee, your add-on's will gradually be built. Usually some builder NPC's will be spawned for show. There is a low upkeep fee payed once a month to keep the add's from decaying.

Good luck, any active guild with good plans has my vote.

Brenan

Post by Brenan »

Interesting, thanks. I don't think we're in the big leagues yet. Still Small. We did get kill by Vega tonight in Deceit. He was cool enough to let us go back and get out stuff, but then another group showed up who weren't as nice. Good times.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

What! Start using IRC! Had I known that I could have killed other people after you guys, I would have done that. PM me any time anyone but me is killing you :)

Brenan

Post by Brenan »

That was you that killed us? Haha! Nice. We were using another messenger to talk. We made it to the shrine and on the way back we ran into another group which killed us in our deathrobes. So we left empty handed last night. By the way we were all pretty playing newbie characters with no mage in the party so we didn't stand a chance. We came by boat and left as a ghost ship. It was pretty funny.
Thanks giving us the opportunity to get our stuff.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

hehe yeah I knew you were newbies. I was looking forward to the challenge of a 1 v 4 dexxers. Until next time.

Khal

Post by Khal »

Much like gambling, don't approach the table unless you are willing to lose what you've got. Which is why we had a bunch of scrub weapons with us. I remember those skele knights being great for parry and weaponskill, so we took our ghetto bunch out for a night of fun.
My twitch skills aren't quite what they were 16 years ago (I'm old!), so I didn't even bother trying to get out of the way. Like sobering up halfway through a random hookup with an ugly chick, my thought was "let's just get this over with".

Hopefully soon, I can give you at least a decent fight before I a) die or b) realize it's time to recall. But, that definitely won't be on my little bard.

Glad to be back in UO. This was my first love in MMOs and still holds a special place. We will make sure to hop on IRC next time, although I can't even remember the last time I connected to an IRC channel.
Oh yeah? Well, my Bard can outplay you ANY day in a drum solo contest!