UOSA and advantages.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

UOSA and advantages.

Post by MatronDeWinter »

When I played OSI and came across an individual that I was intrested in knowing the skills of, I would check myuo for the information, but the information would only show if they are in a guild. I personally don't really want anyone to know what skills I have on a few particular characters. I suggest we remove the Top 3 Skills from the UOSA listings for characters that are [privchar. Everyone is (or can be) a 7x GM very easily, so currently, all you need to do it look at the top 3 and "Oh, med swords, wrestle, thats a Tank make". This poses an unfair advantage for many classes of player, thieves in particular. I also head about people checking this and looking for arbitrary skills like music/cooking/blacksmithy, to see if they have an advantage before entering a fight.

Not era- accurate.

Derrick

Re: UOSA and advantages.

Post by Derrick »

The showing of the top three skills was based on OSI documentation. I'll see if I can find it

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

My thief has snooping and stealing locked at 99.9 because of this

As for OSI, if you went to the Town section of the site and looked, you could only find people in guilds. However, if you went to the "myUO" section, you could search for any character and see their top 3 skills and their paperdoll. If there character was public, you could also see their stats, murder counts and skills.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

roadkill is correct
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

RoadKill wrote:My thief has snooping and stealing locked at 99.9 because of this

As for OSI, if you went to the Town section of the site and looked, you could only find people in guilds. However, if you went to the "myUO" section, you could search for any character and see their top 3 skills and their paperdoll. If there character was public, you could also see their stats, murder counts and skills.
Well, I never knew that!

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

You could also see if they were GM in those top three skills.

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

Fwerp wrote:You could also see if they were GM in those top three skills.
Aye, it would have a little crown above the skill flag I believe.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

yes this was on myuo also during the era.