Staff Discretion

Topics related to Second Age
farnk

Re: Staff Discretion

Post by farnk »

As a result, any breach of account security that is not a result of some fault on our end (e.g. server is hacked and account credentials are stolen), is not our responsibility, and warrants no action on our end.
WELL I GUESS ITS BEEN PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED THAT IT'S LEGAL TO HIJACK ACCOUNTS AND LOOT THEIR SHIT

GET TO IT UOSA

YEAH!

#OMGTIGHTPIXELZ
#MYPAPERDOLLLOOKSDOPE
#CANTGETLAIDNEEDNEONS
#MYLIFESUCKSNEEDGFMASK

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

*engages hack missle*
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Still Standing

Post by Still Standing »

This is priceless.
[09:24] <@Derrick> If you donate, and you need to get bailed out of Jail in Penobscot County, Maine in the next year, I'll come get you personally.

[19:35] <Owned_By_A_Girl> No, the doctor poked me too hard.(Along with half the shard)

Seeth

Post by Seeth »

This really isn't new information is it?

viewtopic.php?p=3014#p3014

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

So what was the word that caused the problem? I, and I am sure many others have been called every racial slur that exists. I have also been called many terms that the LGBT community would turn over in thier graves about. Are we now supposed to be politically correct in our encounters on the field. This would be news to me if that is the case.
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Ali

Post by Ali »

I support the staff 100% on this.

Especially scolding Vega for dropping a racial slur :lol:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

slyyoungstar

Post by slyyoungstar »

Guys, you're clearly misunderstanding. He used hate speech towards a minor because he's a champion of karma! I would hope that such an opponent of tyranny would boycott such a clearly terrible abuse of power. Godspeed, Vega! May we hope you uphold your principles and we never see you again, so that way we know your integrity is without question.

Seeth

Post by Seeth »

So what was the word that caused the problem?
Going by Vega's hint that it's the most offensive word etc according to dictionary.com...

For educational purposes only

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

I think the staff does a wonderful job and I appreciate their service. This player is out of control in many ways.

Its ironically likely that the best thing for Vega is actually to be banned for a couple weeks because it would give him a break from UOSA.

I'm sure his friends will refresh his house. Since he has mentioned using their accounts to refresh their homes (AKA used them to hoard homes and commence trades of property). I'm sure they would return the favor.

He may come back with a different attitude.... Because it's clearly getting out of control. :roll:

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Also, I personally hope he just simply develops a different attitude and plays well with others.
(as opposed to quits or gets banned)

Drama is fun but this constant turbulence has become boring. What a f*cking oxymoron.

I can't even feign a popcorn eating session.

Happy gaming.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Looks like none of you can follow instructions. Taboo, go outside.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Freak Show

Post by Freak Show »

Choosing a Good Password wrote:
First and foremost, NEVER give your password to anyone. ``Anyone'' means your coworkers, your spouse, your systems administrator. In the event of an emergency, the sysadmin can change your password. Your system administrator never has a need to know your personal password. ....

We will never ask for your password, and we also ask that you do not provide your password to any of our staff. if you need to change your password in game, use the [password command, the syntax is:
[password <new pass> <new pass>
(Do include the [ do not include the <>)

If you have a registered account, an email will be sent to you with a code that allows you to complete the password change yourself. In this case our staff including me never see your password change request.

If you use the password command with an unregistered account, and if you are not on the same IP Address that created the account, your password request can be seen by staff. This is very much less than desirable, and something we intend to disable. It would be our preference that all password management be done unassisted.

Other Potentially helpful information:
How to Choose a Secure Password
How to Pick a Safe Password

To reiterate, to log on to another freeshard or anywhere using your UOSA account username and/or password is probably not a good idea. We will not be able to compensate anyone for losses due to account infiltration, no matter the cause.

This topic is locked because it is not meant to be a list of people who have had their accounts looted (no this has not been something that is widespread). The advice above is sufficient to protect you. Apart from wiretapping, or trojans in your system, accounts cannot be infiltrated on Second Age if you use a strong password, and do not share it with others.
<Vega> cruising for a bruising with my fast ass![/size]
[00:01] <Jumbi> any other idiotic questions
[00:01] <Jumbi> no i cant tell your sex i am not a fortune teller!
[00:01] <Jumbi> leave me alone
[00:02] <Vega> rofl

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Kaivan, just wow as usual. Always leaves more questions then answers.

Anarcho, if racial slurs/slurs in general got people jailed then there's an entire thread SH/jacko posted pics/proof of every dumb teenager virgin she kills calling her every name in the book yet no one ever defended her or threw those kids in jail but vega got tossed in jail for calling esco a slur? Esco, the guy that's in half of those pics calling jacko names.... Makes sense.

And just for the record if esco got banks mask while banks was "afk" then it was a planned transaction for rl cash. Sorry but come on. I love banks to death and he's a smart guy, y'all can't be that stupid.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

farnk wrote:
As a result, any breach of account security that is not a result of some fault on our end (e.g. server is hacked and account credentials are stolen), is not our responsibility, and warrants no action on our end.
WELL I GUESS ITS BEEN PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED THAT IT'S LEGAL TO HIJACK ACCOUNTS AND LOOT THEIR SHIT

GET TO IT UOSA

YEAH!

#OMGTIGHTPIXELZ
#MYPAPERDOLLLOOKSDOPE
#CANTGETLAIDNEEDNEONS
#MYLIFESUCKSNEEDGFMASK
Our position on these issues is as old as the server, and while we don't condone these types of actions, we cannot be expected to take any action. This is an issue that is clearly outside of the scope of where we can interfere.
tiredat52 wrote:So what was the word that caused the problem? I, and I am sure many others have been called every racial slur that exists. I have also been called many terms that the LGBT community would turn over in thier graves about. Are we now supposed to be politically correct in our encounters on the field. This would be news to me if that is the case.
We don't currently have a policy that prevents players from speaking to others that way, but we may have such a policy at some point in time.
Menkaure wrote:Kaivan, just wow as usual. Always leaves more questions then answers.

Anarcho, if racial slurs/slurs in general got people jailed then there's an entire thread SH/jacko posted pics/proof of every dumb teenager virgin she kills calling her every name in the book yet no one ever defended her or threw those kids in jail but vega got tossed in jail for calling esco a slur? Esco, the guy that's in half of those pics calling jacko names.... Makes sense.

And just for the record if esco got banks mask while banks was "afk" then it was a planned transaction for rl cash. Sorry but come on. I love banks to death and he's a smart guy, y'all can't be that stupid.
What questions did we leave open?

Also, you cannot reasonably say anything about what happened between those two players, and nor can we. Inferences are not enough to warrant action.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Surely staff can implement a "Hazy is an asshat" policy and refund Tj his items, or at least ban Hazy?

I can't imagine anyone would complain.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.