Not needy in any way....

Topics related to Second Age
Vega/Delo

Not needy in any way....

Post by Vega/Delo »

BUT WHERE THE FUCK is my "oops sorry we fucked up" hush present.

No offense vega profit from it if u can. But come the fuck on. Don't think I need to go into more of how this is complete and udder sick to my stomach shit. And it's a fucking game... How do u think that makes me feel about myself and ever wanting to log into this game. Sorry someus and honesty guess u were right on irc.

Capitalist

Re: Not needy in any way....

Post by Capitalist »

I don't think any of you deserve anything. If anything, I deserve some kind of present. I realized it was fucked up and instead of continuing to place all over the map, I called Kaivan the SECOND I did it in vent. Two minutes later the server was down and I told them if they want to deed my broken 2 houses out of 11, feel free.

Edit: everyone's broken houses were pwnt... what am I missing here? No one gained/lost anything.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

I'm going to assume this is in relation to this morning's house placement changes.

The effect of the miscalculation was minor in my opinion, although incorrect. It allowed some step tiles to be placed 1 Z higher than they should have been and possibly a poor impassable object check surrounding the border. Similar house placement rules have been in place on this shard years ago for much longer, many of the houses placed today were in some of the same old spots. I don't want to excuse this as nothing, but I simply can't respect the over dramatic response I have gotten from a select few players.

The houses at the Trinsic Moongate and at Ocllo bank appear to be legitimately placed as intended with the patch.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Capitalist wrote:I don't think any of you deserve anything. If anything, I deserve some kind of present. I realized it was fucked up and instead of continuing to place all over the map, I called Kaivan the SECOND I did it in vent. Two minutes later the server was down and I told them if they want to deed my broken 2 houses out of 11, feel free.

Edit: everyone's broken houses were pwnt... what am I missing here? No one gained/lost anything.
quoted for admitting he placed 11 houses.

Pending investigation.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I can place 11 more if you'd like.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

So wait, houses were able to be placed with the steps on an elevated piece of land with the house "hanging" over trees/immovable objects?
This is era accurate. Let me find my post on this from a few months ago...
Or did something different happen?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Read the patch Menk, it was just that stairs could be on hilly surfaces. You can't place anything on trees, unless you mean the little stubs.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Capitalist wrote:Read the patch Menk, it was just that stairs could be on hilly surfaces. You can't place anything on trees, unless you mean the little stubs.
Aye I did read it. In T2A for a period of time in 1999, you could place a house by placing the steps on say one of those little bumps/hills in the land and the house would place, but because the steps were on the hill/bump, it would "hang" over the spot and could be placed over trees, bushes etc;
This was how there were all those two stories and towers on fire isle/avatar isle. You could run under those houses too, so the owner couldnt macro, but, it was still cool that you could own a large house on the live shard by doing this trick. They fixxed it near the end of 1999 or early 2000. Im surprised theres not more people out there who remember it. Anytime you went to hytloth/fire isle you would run around the land and probably could run under 20 houses because of the step exploit.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Capitalist wrote:Read the patch Menk, it was just that stairs could be on hilly surfaces. You can't place anything on trees, unless you mean the little stubs.
I believe its not checking anything around the perimeter of the house, which allows you to place so closely near things like shrubs, ponds, and from the appearance includes guard zones or places flagged as not allowable for housing.

@Kaivan: as a programmer its a small glitch, but in the world and economy you've helped build here on UOSA, you basically handed out some multi million dollar reality to a select few of people because of that mistake.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Menkaure wrote: Anytime you went to hytloth/fire isle you would run around the land and probably could run under 20 houses because of the step exploit.
I remember this. Lagged my poor computer to hell back in the day.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Hicha wrote:
I believe its not checking anything around the perimeter of the house, which allows you to place so closely near things like shrubs, ponds, and from the appearance includes guard zones or places flagged as not allowable for housing.

@Kaivan: as a programmer its a small glitch, but in the world and economy you've helped build here on UOSA, you basically handed out some multi million dollar reality to a select few of people because of that mistake.
^I this
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Please inform me of the multi million dollar realty.

Again, house placement has changed many times in the past, and many of these spots were available in the past. I don't recall doomsday reports at those times.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I'm also curious what real estate was made available... they're patching what would have gotten me Blanche Island and Occlo Bank in again. Find me the error and product that resulted in any legitimate amount of money. I'll wait.

Naal

Post by Naal »

Is this issue fixed already? or should i keep on trying to place small houses?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Anarcho wrote:Please inform me of the multi million dollar realty.

Again, house placement has changed many times in the past, and many of these spots were available in the past. I don't recall doomsday reports at those times.
Please don't play ignorance.

Occlo bank, Blanche Island, and Trinsic Moongate are already up for sale and two of those are listed in the millions. There are also historical posts of these properties on the trade forums selling for 5mil or more in the past. The Trinsic house has never even existed until now because the trees prevented a house from being placed there. Those same historical posts refer to some of them as being "grandfathered" because they were placed by similar 'miscalculations' done year(s) prior and instead of correcting the problem, the admins instead then made it seem as if their miscalculation is the owners gain.

If the patch was reverted, the houses that were placed during the existence of the patch should be removed since they do not conform to the current ruleset for house placement. Here is a good hypothetical question: if the patch had allowed people to place houses on water, would you force them to deed or allow them to keep it?

This isn't a doomsday report; don't think everyone on this forum thinks UOSA will falter because a few smalls popping up. My point is that you made a mistake, reverted it, yet houses that were placed during that timeframe still exist. Whether the house would or wouldn't have been able to be placed based on some previous patch is irrelevant: the current code would've prevented it and you're intervening to allow it.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter