House placement

Moderator: Support Moderators

Flower

House placement

Post by Flower »

Where do you aim your cursor when placing a home with double doors? seems like you had to stand under the sign or something. Some of the rocks you can walk over but do they block a house? Is there a tutorial on placing?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: House placement

Post by RoadKill »

Best thing to do for house placement is to go onto Test Center, and practice there, that way if you do somehow die, it's no loss to you.

The "preview image" is roughly 1-2 tiles off of where it's actually going to appear, this is a bug and should be fixed eventually I'd imagine.

If you want help placing a house, or found a spot that you think will fit a house but want a second opinion, feel free to PM me
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stormsong »

I't's not so much where you stand as where the house image is placed. I try to stand approximatly where I expect the doors to fall just to get it centered. So far in placing several larges, not a one has fit exactly where I thought it would.

Watch out for the small brown dirt patches. They will block. Thought I don't remember that happening in OSI. I could be very wrong though about that.
Stormsong
Mistress of the Light
Keepers of the Light (KtL)
http://www.thektl.com/forums

Flower

Post by Flower »

How do you do it on test ,when I logged in there I had to make a new char and only 100 gp ,do you have to play there ?
RoadKill wrote:Best thing to do for house placement is to go onto Test Center, and practice there, that way if you do somehow die, it's no loss to you.

The "preview image" is roughly 1-2 tiles off of where it's actually going to appear, this is a bug and should be fixed eventually I'd imagine.

If you want help placing a house, or found a spot that you think will fit a house but want a second opinion, feel free to PM me

Flower

Post by Flower »

Ah the dirt spots would explain a few spots I had tried !!
Stormsong wrote:I't's not so much where you stand as where the house image is placed. I try to stand approximatly where I expect the doors to fall just to get it centered. So far in placing several larges, not a one has fit exactly where I thought it would.

Watch out for the small brown dirt patches. They will block. Thought I don't remember that happening in OSI. I could be very wrong though about that.

yakkabakka

Post by yakkabakka »

I remember on osi they had a house placement tool, but not here. Was a lot nicer runnin around with that to see if a tower would fit than the actually deed.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Flower wrote:How do you do it on test ,when I logged in there I had to make a new char and only 100 gp ,do you have to play there ?

Test Center uses an older copy of the server data. It's updated from time to time, so maybe you didn't have any characters when the TC data was added.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Currently the test server is a wipe, but if you check your bank on a new character, you'll find boatloads of stuff.

Return to “New Player Help”