UO "oddities" from stratics

Topics related to Second Age
Apocalypse

UO "oddities" from stratics

Post by Apocalypse »

https://web.archive.org/web/20010709005 ... /odd.shtml

So I stumbled across this page today and did a search on The Wayback Machine. Oldest version of the page (link above) I found was from July 9, 2001 so I'm not sure if any of these would be accurate for our era, and some of them are kinda stupid, but I found some of these things interesting. Some of the stuff is definitely out of era, but I thought I'd share in case anyone wants to test any of these out or has any comments.

Some of particular interest to me were:

Cow tipping <<< definitely don't recall this, but never tried it.
Dizziness <<< haven't experienced this here, but maybe I'm not spinning for long enough, LOL!
Exploding Shrooms <<< I do recall this from back in the day, but have not seen it here (but I play with low volume a lot so maybe just missed it?).
Polymorph (New Creatures) <<< really curious if this works here.

Capitalist

Re: UO "oddities" from stratics

Post by Capitalist »

Cow tipping and dizziness were retarded.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

You probably don't like the Jackass movies either.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Anyone else remember exploding mushrooms? They had an animation and a sound that went along with them.

Do we have them here and I've just missed it?

slyyoungstar

Post by slyyoungstar »

I remember them all except never really messed with the dizziness, and I think the polymorph was only for the drinking animation, not a permanent change... no real functions to any of it, but I haven't tested any of these on the t2a server

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I remember the exploding shrooms. They did 1 hp damage to you as you pass over them.

I don't know if they are era accurate to uosa though.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Populus

Post by Populus »

I'm pretty sure we have cow-tipping.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Populus wrote:I'm pretty sure we have cow-tipping.
Correct.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Speaking of exploding mushrooms, why dont we have the poison mushroom room in whatever dungeon it was back in the day (im thinking Deceit?)

My first gate travel in UO was following a guy who was "quitting and giving away all his loot" only to hop a gate and find myself dying.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

Boom mushrooms.

Deceit L3. Room by where our Poison ele spawns. Patched out for some reason Nov-Dec '97. It was in the Beta, don't know if it saw production.

Same level you used to get Poisoned "sick" by the fumes in the room. It would kill you in a minute or so. It was a constant approx 2 hp every 3 secs drain. Same time frame.

Fun days. I played almost entirely on Lake Superior in that era. I don't remember what you logged into as far as shards in Beta. Was there one? Was there 3? Were they named?

I played on a buddies Beta account. He later became a UBB Smith, Bill T Cat. He ran a Female studded wearing PK in the East Woods. DP'd Butcher knives. Marylyn, I think. I'm sure Roadkill remembers his 12-yr old son. "ssssnake" Thief/Fencer PK sometimes ran with Cookie, Big Bird and "them Guys". Kid would run into a pack of 10-12 pvp blues. Grey up and start dropping them one by one by two. If any of them escaped they were lucky. Goddam nostalgia.
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

Used Kotex wrote: "ssssnake" Thief/Fencer PK sometimes ran with Cookie, Big Bird and "them Guys". Kid would run into a pack of 10-12 pvp blues. Grey up and start dropping them one by one by two. If any of them escaped they were lucky. Goddam nostalgia.
Lake Superior!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

There is at least one exploding mushroom in Shame. So yea we have those here.