house fell way too early

Topics related to Second Age
lopp

house fell way too early

Post by lopp »

hey, I refreshed my house last sunday and it's gone. there's a small in its place... any idea why this would happen? maybe this is a bug and the thread should be moved? no idea.

thanks for any info

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: house fell way too early

Post by Menkaure »

Are you sure you opened the door? Are you sure server didnt reset or crash right after you refreshed?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

lopp

Post by lopp »

I'm sure I opened the door, and then I played for about an hour on a different character after that... so I'm guessing not before the reset... :/

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Whenever I refresh I obviously open the door but afterwards also always take the time to click on the sign which should say "this house is like new". Just an extra step and prevents any issues except server reverts.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Budner wrote:Whenever I refresh I obviously open the door but afterwards also always take the time to click on the sign which should say "this house is like new". Just an extra step and prevents any issues except server reverts.
^
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Well

I think I am the person who got your IDOC brick plot. I was watching it for the better part of a week (I live nearby).

Was it right between a tower and an L shape? I would be willing to return you the lion's share of your belongings - the weapons, armor, 45k boards, etc, although I did already take the regs and charged weapons and they are mixed in my mess of a small house. I could return some of the regs back to you, I think I got between 3-4k of each.

I dropped a new brick in the spot today (this is my first house larger than a small ) so I am not overjoyed to give you the spot back. I would be willing to consider it since you've been here for 4 years, though it looks like you bought it 3 months ago.

we can probably work something out

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Wychethyl wrote:Well

I think I am the person who got your IDOC brick plot. I was watching it for the better part of a week (I live nearby).

Was it right between a tower and an L shape? I would be willing to return you the lion's share of your belongings - the weapons, armor, 45k boards, etc, although I did already take the regs and charged weapons and they are mixed in my mess of a small house. I could return some of the regs back to you, I think I got between 3-4k of each.

I dropped a new brick in the spot today (this is my first house larger than a small ) so I am not overjoyed to give you the spot back. I would be willing to consider it since you've been here for 4 years, though it looks like you bought it 3 months ago.

we can probably work something out

Very classy guy here.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

He said it was a small in its place. So if you have a brick placed there I guess it's a different house.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

yes I had a small there to hold the spot yesterday, today I placed the brick (2 hours ago). I'm 99% sure it's his house, I checked his posts and saw this:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=57396

and that's where I found the house

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Wychethyl wrote:yes I had a small there to hold the spot yesterday, today I placed the brick (2 hours ago). I'm 99% sure it's his house, I checked his posts and saw this:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=57396

and that's where I found the house
lopp didn't live there. He sold it to 2 players who used French names. I "made" them quit because it wasn't enjoyable to them to be PK'd.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Hmm, did you write up a tale of adventure for this? This sounds vaguely familiar but I could not find any forum post. Are you certain it wasn't lopp's house anymore?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Unless he's one of the Frenchies that doesn't play anymore. I didn't write any Tales of Adventure until recently, so this is just screenshots.

lopp

Post by lopp »

Hey Wychethyl, thanks so much for considering this. I will send you a PM.

Just a little clarification. I am lopp, this is the crafter I made several years ago on this server. I also had a mage and dexer by the same name. I currently play as Ernou Plocquet and Fernande Lefevre... we made these guys a couple of years ago and ran as a short lived french pirate guild called the Jollie Rouge.

by 'we' I mean a friend of mine who has a couple of other french named characters.

We haven't quit... just taking a breather, work is hectic around this time of year for both of us. If we had quit we would have intentionally let the house fall as we've let all of the houses we've had on this server fall when we've quit.

Finally, Vega should have no claim to 'making us quit' somehow... infact we killed him and he had a serious hissy fit. I had to calm him down via PM to tell him its ok. (you can look that up for some background Vega, I've had to explain to you who were are twice now)