Join UO website

Topics related to Second Age
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Join UO website

Post by Roser »

In a past thread I had voiced my contempt for the new Join UO website, this was due to the poor sorting functionality it had. Join UO now has a great sorting function and is in my opinion a really nice website, so good job to whoever developed it.

I would like to know why UOSA is not listed there? Seems to me like we are missing out on some decent marketing for the shard.

What's up with that?

Bixby Legbone

Re: Join UO website

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Rose wrote:In a past thread I had voiced my contempt for the new Join UO website, this was due to the poor sorting functionality it had. Join UO now has a great sorting function and is in my opinion a really nice website, so good job to whoever developed it.

I would like to know why UOSA is not listed there? Seems to me like we are missing out on some decent marketing for the shard.

What's up with that?
UOSA staff are now in the process of determining which Ultima Online voting sites they will choose to continue to associate with. Interestingly enough, most of our new population comes not from voting websites but from other sources. Myself, when I found UOSA, it was not from a single voting site. I actually found UOSA from the website known as reddit. There are people out there looking for our shard, and they tend to find it. Without the use of voting sites. While, intuitively, it makes sense that the more our name is out there the larger our population will grow; in reality, can anyone reading this post honestly say they ended up on UOSA because of being directed here by JoinUO?

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Double post.

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

Long time ago when I used to regularly buy PC game reviews type of magazine called SCORE (a very popular one in my part of the world back then) I have come accross UO for the first time. I read the review. It said 10 outta 10 and I knew it was special right there without playing it once. I was fascinated by it and although I stuck to offline gaming at that time for many reasons, UO stayed deeply rooted somewhere in my mind only to try it out for the very first time years later on this shard. I was looking for a game that would fulfill me. My brain remembered the long forgotten game review, I did my quick research and I have been hooked ever since. So to kinda stay on topic, I have not come here as a direct result of UO rating type site, but I did use one of them in my research about which shard to choose. End of story, I hope I didn't bore you much!

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Any marketing helps.

Join UO is probably more for those who are already into free shards, I myself did not discover it untill after I joined UOSA. I saw it as a good way to compare shards, vote, and check various diagnostics.