At what point in T2A this server is based on ?

Topics related to Second Age
Arkan24

At what point in T2A this server is based on ?

Post by Arkan24 »

Hi everyone
I played Ultima Online for 6 years and I started to play just before meditation was realeased (1 or 2 week).
First of all I will like to know at way peridod of time this server is based on
I will like to know few thing before I started to play.
- Medition is activated ?
- "hally hit" was active a long period of time in T2A and Origin finally consider it a "bug". IMO it was not, it was just skill. "hally hit" is possible ?
- Do you need poisoning to use poison on a weapon ?
- Do "townies" exist ? Back in t2a in a certain period of time, magic was desiable in town, that way the only way to PvP was to build a Townies, must of the time a 7xGM Fencer with a shield with no magic resist
- Skills leveling is still very tought to build ? I remember macroing Evaluating intelligence for at least 6 months before I GM it
- Anything else I should know that was not in t2a that is activated on the server ?

Thank you very much
Hope to see u soon in game

Bixby Legbone

Re: At what point in T2A this server is based on ?

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Arkan24 wrote:Hi everyone
I played Ultima Online for 6 years and I started to play just before meditation was realeased (1 or 2 week).
First of all I will like to know at way peridod of time this server is based on
I will like to know few thing before I started to play.
- Medition is activated ?
- "hally hit" was active a long period of time in T2A and Origin finally consider it a "bug". IMO it was not, it was just skill. "hally hit" is possible ?
- Do you need poisoning to use poison on a weapon ?
- Do "townies" exist ? Back in t2a in a certain period of time, magic was desiable in town, that way the only way to PvP was to build a Townies, must of the time a 7xGM Fencer with a shield with no magic resist
- Skills leveling is still very tought to build ? I remember macroing Evaluating intelligence for at least 6 months before I GM it
- Anything else I should know that was not in t2a that is activated on the server ?

Thank you very much
Hope to see u soon in game
Hail. I believe we, UOSA, are based in the time period shortly before server patch 16 (which brought about uo:renaissance era)

Meditation is activated, best used with 0 armor.
halberd mage is primary duel/pk character here. so your concept of 'hally hit' is likely what is active here.
You need poisoning to apply poison to a weapon, but anyone who can swing the weapon and potentially poison the opponent with it.
Magic spells do little to no damage in town. In theory, if you only want to fight in a town you can join a chaos/order guild and/or war with guilds and then try and find them in town to kill. in reality, that is unlikely to work here due to lack of order/chaos guilds inside town limits.
Skill leveling is easy if you know what you are doing. There are guides all here on the forums, you just need some ability to make macros in razor, and money to invest if you are buying regs for magery/resist.
This shard strives to be accurate as possible to it's time period; there's no real surprises on that end.

Hope you give this shard a try.

Arkan24

Re: At what point in T2A this server is based on ?

Post by Arkan24 »

ty very much
and btw u own the house I own on chesapeake 12-13 years ago (your signature) :)