Returning to UO

Topics related to Second Age
TheOnion

Returning to UO

Post by TheOnion »

Hello,

I am a long time UO player. I played for Many years on Sonoma. I am considering a return on this UO on this Server. I like that it has the old school stuff. Could someone give me some more information about the server? Questions below.

1. Is there a lot of PKing and Griefing on this server?

2. What drops the best loot? Power, vanqs, etc.

3. Is there any room left for housing?

4. How long does it take to become 7x GM?

All info appreciated

Notorious

Re: Returning to UO

Post by Notorious »

1. Yes
2. Idocs / Tmaps / Farming regularly.
3. Plenty of housing room. Plenty of houses on the forums for sale *for the lowlow*
4. Depends on character ez first character, a bard under a week easy.
Ez
Need anything like a house to macro in pm me in IRC : notorious

TheOnion

Post by TheOnion »

Notorious wrote:1. Yes
3. Plenty of housing room. Plenty of houses on the forums for sale *for the lowlow*
Ez
Thanks for the info.

1. Hmmm lots of Griefing and PK. Not sure that seems enjoyable. I like to dungeon crawl for loot.
2. What monsters drop good loot? Is it still Balrons,Wyrms,Blood/Poison Elementals? I never had any luck with Dragons.
3. Gotcha Thanks.
4. Ez first character? Is there a system to get better skill gains on first character?

thanks

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

check out the guides section of the forums, it's just like it was on osi- macro macro macro, except here you're allowed to macro- also you might as well abuse the 3x accounts at once rule since everyone else does and will. work up multiple chars at once.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Come get in game and check us out! It's hardcore UO, but that's UO at it's best.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

TheOnion wrote:
1. Is there a lot of PKing and Griefing on this server?
No, this place is pretty much trammel.
TheOnion wrote: 2. What drops the best loot? Power, vanqs, etc.
You can get everything you'll ever need in abundance with fishing. Or lockpicking. Or farming high end spawn like dragons, deamons, titans, etc.
TheOnion wrote: 3. Is there any room left for housing?
Yes for smalls, no for larger buildings. But you can buy a placed tower for 2x Deed from this forum.
TheOnion wrote: 4. How long does it take to become 7x GM?
With Razor, not long. Resist is tricky, but search the forum posts and you'll find some methods that really work nicely.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

TheOnion wrote:
Notorious wrote:1. Yes
Ez
Thanks for the info.

1. Hmmm lots of Griefing and PK. Not sure that seems enjoyable. I like to dungeon crawl for loot.
2. What monsters drop good loot? Is it still Balrons,Wyrms,Blood/Poison Elementals? I never had any luck with Dragons.
3. Gotcha Thanks.
4. Ez first character? Is there a system to get better skill gains on first character?

thanks
1) There's lot of griefing and PK'ing, but not so much that you can't function undisturbed in a dungeon for a while. Pretty good balance IMO.
2) Yes good loot from Balrons/Wyrms/Blood ellies, etc. Also some decent loot with high-level ophidians, etc.
3) There are tons of open spots for small houses. Gold can be earned pretty easily and there is an active housing market. You can generally buy an average property for less than 2x deed (so for example a tower in an average setting you should be able to buy for 2x deed or less than that).
4) Many using Razor macros to level up their characters. There are guides on this forum for pretty much every skill/profession.

Please do join, it's a fun environment.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

If you have the gold you can 7xgm a Mage char in 3-4 days. Skills are easy to gain.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Hey Cupcake. They're lying to you. This game isn't easy.
My advice... find a big guy to take care of you, and don't drop the soap.

Also feel free to PM me if you need anything.