new houseing idea?

Topics related to Second Age
dan---

new houseing idea?

Post by dan--- »

maybe to prevent people from just loggin on to refresh houses and not play.. try to implement a new housing rule. if you arent logged on x amount of hours a week (given the respect people only get to play 1 hour a day ) 7 hours minimum persay. then there houses enter increased idoc rate. It would cause the player base to become more active if they place a house which would then
a.) bring the server population up.
b.) open up the world
c.) make pvp more active for those that want it seeing idoc rate would increase.
a.) maybe make castles a town crier event ( be like a pvp event )
d.) resurrect the economy since more of the camped house rares will be re-released other the sitting in john does house who never gets on more then 5 mins every week.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: new houseing idea?

Post by inkognito »

Naw. Forced play time to keep your house (no matter the amount) is not good. Sometimes I'll play 2 hours a day. Other times; 1 hour a week.

I understand this perceived housing issue. I just don't necessarily agree with it. People know that if they locked their front doors, their smalls can hold hundreds of thousands of items and still have room to walk around? I know we all wanna move on up to the east side and finally get our piece of the pie...but if you really need that sense of accomplishment, pay the "land owner's fee". There's plenty of competitive pricing out there to move to an affordable larger plot
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

CRockwell

Post by CRockwell »

I agree, housing is not necessarily the issue. Although I do believe that there should be some changes made for the hundreds of houses being refreshed by friends. *cough xandy

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

inkognito wrote: I know we all wanna move on up to the east side and finally get our piece of the pie...but if you really need that sense of accomplishment, pay the "land owner's fee". There's plenty of competitive pricing out there to move to an affordable larger plot

The issue.. somehow.. is not houses per account limits. (although that might help EACC or not )

Something is wrong. Always has been. Server is at what? ~220 Peak? Hey the counter is fixed. 163 @ Noonish.

The stables are still full. What the Frenzied ?? Pop is 1/5 of what it was at peak. Housing is better only for smalls. It is slowly correcting however. It's now about what it was when I joined here mid 2010. An L is about deed plus 150k, same as when the daytime pop was 650.

2 things that are caused by era-accurate rules that really break the era-accurate experience.
Full stables and a largely flooded housing map. Neither make sense. To me, these are gross problems that should be addressed, technical ruleset accuracy be dammed. The afk reg thing is screwed too, but beyond my scope today.

For disclosure, I have a (1) tamer. I am currently occupying 1 stable slot across all 3 accounts. I have adjoining Towers, a Large Brick and 5 smalls. I consider myself a housing hoarder. 8 houses, 15 chars. I play around 2 hrs a day. Less lately.
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

The only way to really fix housing is to enforce the rule of 1 house per account (3 account max).
(I believe it was covered in another recent post somewhere.)

In the meantime, one has to farm and pay the prices.
I've been out of the loop for quite some time, but prices are dropping so it's a good thing.
I would still better placing housing (say patio/Large/Tower) myself, but there are still a lot of houses everywhere.

I don't really mind either way as it gives something to work for, but I can understand the frustration of some.
When I get back to serious playing in a month or 3, I'll have to repurchase/re-place a home. Not looking forward to it tho :wink:

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Sheesh. I dropped a free small spot right by the Moonglow mage shop and advertised it on this forum three days ago.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=55604

It's still sitting there empty.

Towers are even going cheap these days. Housing is not the problem.

The problem is boredom, as addressed on a couple recent threads. The anchor of Era Accuracy butting heads with people's innate need for their world to evolve. It's a real pickle.