era accuracy [everything has a breaking point]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Finesse

era accuracy [everything has a breaking point]

Post by Finesse »

all clothes
all armour
all weapons

should break eventually

two reasons i know this to be true

i had a blessed supreme vanq kryss in t2a that broke after a year of using it.
i broke countless blessed black sandies over my time in uo.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: era accuracy [everything has a breaking point]

Post by RoadKill »

I broke a blessed katana once as well.

I never broke or had blessed clothing break though. I've had unblessed break plenty of times though
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Faust

Post by Faust »

I lost quite a few pairs of blessed black sandals. Also, weapons do eventually break even if repaired over time. The same would apply if weapons were blessed. This should be fixed on here.

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

Faust wrote:I lost quite a few pairs of blessed black sandals. Also, weapons do eventually break even if repaired over time. The same would apply if weapons were blessed. This should be fixed on here.
i lost 3 pairs of black blessed. I eventually made an undress macro when fighting on my mage against any macers. at 500-700k a pop a pair, it was an expensive loss.

time2a

Post by time2a »

imo and i think many others that for the special clothing such as hued items that are blessed on this shard,(350 trophies) should not be able to break and i imagine i can find a majority vote on this if it came to place.

XaN

Post by XaN »

What goes up must come down. That was the way it was back then. I believe what you are proposing is a game mechanic that is not of this era.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

time2a

Post by time2a »

well i know from almost everyone i talk to would like to have it stay the way it is. I dont see anyone making a issue out of this, so i think if it works it works. I kno this may not be era accurate, but if this one little thing is keeping players playing and more people to come and donate etc. Then its a good thing. =)

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Yeah macers broke cloths and armor. I wondered if the current blessed deer/bear/orc masks could be broke.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I think everyone's masks and stuff look stupid anyways... Running around with blessed specially dyed masks wreaks of trammel.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

time2a

Post by time2a »

ha why u bother ever posting never have any positive stuff to say? maybe it gives reason for players to play and gratitude after they worked hard on to bless such an item?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

time2a wrote:ha why u bother ever posting never have any positive stuff to say? maybe it gives reason for players to play and gratitude after they worked hard on to bless such an item?
what I said was a valid opinion. Working towards blessing items that lasted for a lifetime, and that were specially colored, was sure as hell not a t2a thing...sounds more like AoS and further to me...or even dare I say it...WoW.

My posts are valid, yours are put together by a third grader.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

time2a

Post by time2a »

quote from senses;

I think the recent appeal to change awarded trophy items is a little misguided. Yes, some of these rewards are not era accurate, but they are also "trophies." They were rewards given to players and are supposed to be special. I recall in T2A, though it was rare, special things like titles were given out, and certainly completely new items were just made up on the spot for events like Christmas or Easter. So while the item itself may not be era accurate, the concept is. Creating special items and giving them out for whatever reason the GM's/Developers deemed neccessary, despite their percieved value or power within the game *did* in fact happen in T2A.

That being said, if there is a way to both keep somethings' "specialness," and make it a little more accurate, I'm all for it, but simply saying "We have grown enough as a shard to risk fucking over the older players," is a sure fire way to ruin the shard.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

This shouldnt be an 'era accuracy' arguement. Trophys arent era accurate. During t2a black sandals were obtainable in game, they arent here. Weapons being blessed is era accurate, not here. The sandals are a reward for long hours spent on UOSA.
Blessed items on osi were obtainable through normal game play(black sandals). Here they are not. These items are a goal people spend a lot of time trying to achieve by spending time playing on UOSA. The only reason these items should be breakable is because they affect game play somehow (blessed vanq weps), the items that are blessable here dont affect gameplay in anyway.
Saying 'my blessed black sandals broke over and over on osi' doesnt really apply on UOSA as they represent very different things from osi to UOSA.
Last edited by BlackFoot on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I had a +25 silv Vanq spear [blessed] that I kept in great repair by a friend who GM'd smithing and it lasted from about a week after item bless deeds were available, until I was banned about 3 months after Trammel appeared. As much as I would love to have another one, this really did make the playing field uneven. During that time I rarely died, and when I did, I often ressed and killed my opponent without healing. I am no great PvPer either.

Senses

Post by Senses »

Finesse wrote: magic weapons wernt repairable in pre uor or t2a

[you cannot reapair this] i beleive the message was as a side note your a dick.

I'm pretty much sure this is 100pct wrong. Everything else I wanted to say is 2 posts up. ^^