Calling all tamers!

Topics related to Second Age
Chewchum

Calling all tamers!

Post by Chewchum »

What exactly do i need for a tamer? I have a tamer with 95.6 and when i go to destard to tame the dragons, it says that i have angry the beast. What am i missing? peacemaking? Do i have to weaken him down to minimal life and then i am able to tame?

Bixby Legbone

Re: Calling all tamers!

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Chewchum wrote:What exactly do i need for a tamer? I have a tamer with 95.6 and when i go to destard to tame the dragons, it says that i have angry the beast. What am i missing? peacemaking? Do i have to weaken him down to minimal life and then i am able to tame?

I'm at above 97 taming and I anger the beast a lot too. What helps a lot is if you make a macro to tame nearest grey, and hit play. It does all the work and you just have to stand around for awhile. It's usually never a quick tame, even at 97+.

Chewchum

Post by Chewchum »

So i am basically failing?

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Chewchum wrote:So i am basically failing?

You are not failing to tame it. You won't get potential gains from just making it angry. You are just making it angry and are not beginning to attempt to tame it yet. When you get the blue text of you talking sweetly to the dragon, that's when you are attempting and can fail or succeed.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

At GM, you will fail as well. I once counted 90 straight failures before I actually got the message "You start taming.." Then there are times it tames the first time but that is probably about 10% of the time.

Afroshacks

Post by Afroshacks »

You will get this message at gm 19 out of 20 times as well. Most high level tames will give you this message including worms and I think mares as well. You just have to keep attempting until you actually start to tame. I'd stick to hell hounds if your trying to gm. You will get there a lot quicker as you attempt to tame every time. I hit 99.9 before I went to dragons and tamed over 50 dragons and just so happened to tame another hell hound before I flipped that last .1 to gm.
The older the Bull, the Stiffer the horn...

IRC: Afroshacks

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Actually, wyrms do not give the "anger the beast" message. Only dragons, drakes, and nightmares give you that message. I gm'd taming in Destard taming drakes and dragons. Like Bixby said, make a macro like:

use skill taming
target random grey
loop

Just stand on a ledge with the dragons/drakes below and run that macro.

Markus

Post by Markus »

Nightmares definitely do NOT give you anger the beast messages, just FYI. The only creatures that give you that are dragons and drakes.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Markus wrote:Nightmares definitely do NOT give you anger the beast messages, just FYI. The only creatures that give you that are dragons and drakes.
Guess I just haven't tamed enough nightmares. LOL! (I think I've tamed only one in my entire UO career)

P.S. Is this EA? I never had a tamer in era.

*EDIT*

Guess it appears to be EA. Just checked the old stratics page and it only lists dragons and drakes as giving you the "anger" message. Seems our wiki page needs to be updated.

JessieKJepsen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JessieKJepsen »

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|35
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.3000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you must
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:04
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you fail to tame
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1058|
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1062|
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you start to tame
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:12
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.6660000
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

If it was me I would put myself on a cliff in the bog south east of papua and set this macro,. use another char to bring toads to your tamer and just keep doing that. you will GM in no time just on toads.

Afroshacks

Post by Afroshacks »

I apologize for my advice. I haven't had the chance to tame a nightmare yet. The one time I tried I got attacked and ran off. Worms aren't my thing. So I've learned something new here as well. :roll:
The older the Bull, the Stiffer the horn...

IRC: Afroshacks

Chewchum

Post by Chewchum »

If i tame a dragon and sell, what would be the price for 1 dragon minimum?

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

Probably about 3-5k...Its hard t find a buyer though as only other tamers trying to save time would be interested. Stable spots are also an issue...probably better off selling WW's mares or frenzies.

illmatic

Post by illmatic »

I have gm taming, and it still takes a few tries somtimes. Last target and loop it.