Keep and Castle?

Topics related to Second Age
Grimoric

Keep and Castle?

Post by Grimoric »

After weeks of doing IDOC hunting.

I notice is that large areas with multi castles and keeps side by side that is being refreshed ever 12 days in a loop at same time. It seems to me that 70% of the larger buildings is not in use at all by players, they are just refreshed by old players hoping the population to grow so they can return but this kills the server. Sometimes a player fails to refresh his buildings and it falls. There is hundred after hundreds of small spots free but can't we do anything about the ones that is just on a weekly reset. For example remove 24 hours from the refresh timer if they only are online under five hour and idle in a week. This would not be a problem for active players or if you need to go on a holiday. But the inactive ones that have left the server and just blocking areas because they can. Their houses need in some way be removed from the server.

Today we have the demo and live shards could we get a new one? This is just frustrating but gives me free gold on the otherhand, any other ides or should we just wait and die slow?
Last edited by Grimoric on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apocalypse

Re: Keep and Castle?

Post by Apocalypse »

My suggestion would be to just be patient. While I understand your feeling annoyed, it's just part of the game. I have done a lot of idoc hunting in my time here and, although it took some time before I was able to get my first, I can now say I've owned and sold multiple keeps and castles.

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Groups come and go that have a stronghold on the idoc market, scour it and time it to a T. The area ur talking about is the bloody plains. One month ago a section of it fell. People slip up and things will fall.
Most of the castles are owned by vets some who do not play. Those stay due to guild mates refreshing it. You will get all different views on this subject.
Let's be honest people have lives. This is free time to everyone and accumulated a lot, wish/hope people come back, ect.
Issue being 15 houses each person. It's a sickly number. Let alone a 2 week refresh time. I myself own 3 Lshapes, a brick, a keep, and two smalls. The keep and brick are next to each other with the exception of some smalls. Those smalls are known as blocker spots, stalemate of people not allowing a bigger house.
This being said I've givin a lot of shit out for nothing, had houses go idoc, lost a lot and gained it back. This rant I end again by saying everyone's got a different view on this issue/ the era accuracy. Live wit it or leave it.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Rammar, xandy, and to a lesser extent I refresh about 1/2 of the maps placement potential.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.