RP-PVM-O/C New Guild Forming

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

RP-PVM-O/C New Guild Forming

Post by Stormsong »

First off, this is a high level view and a starting place for final description.

The overall picture of the guild at the moment includes
  • Role Play: Not strict, but reasonable. I'll post more later

PvM: Regular hunts and exploration.

Crafting: Mutual support and help.

PvP: This will be a part of the O/C arm. There is always a need for troops for defense and there will also be organized wars.

PK: Those who use their characters in aggressive attacks against un-consenting players will be happier elsewhere.

O/C: We will be seeking out other guilds or groups with whom we will create alliances or hostilities. Hostilities will be carried out with a strict set of rules.

Order/Good: The guild will consider itself to be a part of this alliance.

Organized activities: We are going to push hard to find many fun and different things to do. There is more to this game than just killing things. Horse races, tournies, contests and who knows what. Maybe we can get Derrick et. al. to work with us on some big adventures as well.
As has been stated elsewhere we don't want:
  • Elitist PvPers
    Immature players (emotionally if not chronologically)
    People here just for hand outs (Though I think we can do a lot of good for new players)
We do want
  • Cool people who want to have fun and are looking for a great group to play with. (People who will make this a great group to play with.)

Now the details

I'm getting too old for this, but I'll give it another shot. I've been senior in guilds and NWN persistent worlds so I know what goes on with this kind of organization and pretty much how to run one.

I'll set it up. I can supply a guild house and next door a guild bar. We should be able to set things up so the bar can be used for vendors as well. There may be another small place we can use for vendors as if needed.

I’ll set up a URL for the guild and a forum for communication. I may be able to find an old PC laying around to set up as a vent server.

There will be two stones, one for PvM, adventuring and crafting related members and one for PvP order/chaos members. Both will be a part of an overall grouping and leadership following some basic guidelines with the additional activities for the O/C group.

There is a lot of space for small houses around the area of the guild HQ areas. Nearby are some additional spots for large and maybe even tower spaces. So building a guild village is a pretty easy thing. The neighborhood is fairly safe.

I will need a lot of help. I'm not on 24/7 or anything near that. For that reason I see the leadership split into 3 positions. The first would be overall administration. Then there would be one over the basic group and finally one over the o/c (martial arm) group.

In many ways the basic leader would act as a guild master over the overall group filling in when I'm not there. The martial leader would lead that group and act under the other two positions. I see the guild needing the following positions.

Guild Lord. Me. Not ego, just a name that seems to fit

Guild Master: As mentioned, they would act as a guild master over the overall group filling in when I'm not there and sharing a good part of the load.

Battle Master: Leading the way in O/C activities.

Additional needs:
Web Master: I'll set it up but we need someone to run the web page and forums.

Many others: Things like crafting master, apprentice master, hunt master and whatever
Stormsong
Mistress of the Light
Keepers of the Light (KtL)
http://www.thektl.com/forums

Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: RP-PVM-O/C New Guild Forming

Post by Stormsong »

Should have made it clear. This is a starting point and everything is open for debate.
Stormsong
Mistress of the Light

Flower

Post by Flower »

Sounds good to me!

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

HORSE RACING! Thats just brilliant! I dont know if that has been mentioned before but I seem to be stupid because I never thought of that HA!
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stormsong »

The best way to do a race is to have it be a relay race where each team gets a locked box. The box has a book in it to prove it is the real MaCoy. That is passed like the baton. The relay teams are gated to the intermediate spots and off they go. No spells, no weapons. When the winner reaches the end, the judge has keys to open it and prove that the winner is the winner.

Madness.
Stormsong
Mistress of the Light

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

Hey, I pm'd you SS

Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stormsong »

Well, darn. Within the last 24 hours someone placed a large building right where I wanted to place the guild house. I was able to drop the guild house right next to that one though. Got to walk another 20 paces to the bar.

I placed the one story, 3 room. Was thinking that the large room would be the general area and I would place one stone in each of the smaller rooms and do them sort of on the lines of sanctuaries.

Still lots of room for smalls. We can spread out for larges. I know of a good number of large spots around the general area.

I'm going to wait to place the stones until I see a few more responses. So if anyone is interested, speak up.
Stormsong
Mistress of the Light

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

whats the name of the building that was placed?

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

Cool, I'd be interested in interacting with your guild if I get enough recruits in my own. Right now, its just an idea.

Here is the link to my thread topic on the Crimson Alliance. I have my guild's rule of engagements laid out. Let me know what you think.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/forum.uose ... =24&t=5800

Flower

Post by Flower »

What area are we talking about ?
Stormsong wrote:Well, darn. Within the last 24 hours someone placed a large building right where I wanted to place the guild house. I was able to drop the guild house right next to that one though. Got to walk another 20 paces to the bar.

I placed the one story, 3 room. Was thinking that the large room would be the general area and I would place one stone in each of the smaller rooms and do them sort of on the lines of sanctuaries.

Still lots of room for smalls. We can spread out for larges. I know of a good number of large spots around the general area.

I'm going to wait to place the stones until I see a few more responses. So if anyone is interested, speak up.

Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stormsong »

Flower wrote:What area are we talking about ?
Stormsong wrote:Well, darn. Within the last 24 hours someone placed a large building right where I wanted to place the guild house. I was able to drop the guild house right next to that one though. Got to walk another 20 paces to the bar.

Sorry this wasn't clear Flower. Three points:

1 I've placed the guild house. Wasn't where I wanted it but close.

2 There is room for a guild town around the area.

3 I will place the guild stones to formally form the guild once I see a few more people respond with interest in the guild.
Stormsong
Mistress of the Light

Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stormsong »

Black&Blue wrote:whats the name of the building that was placed?
No name yet. I'll name it when I place the stones.
Stormsong
Mistress of the Light

Flower

Post by Flower »

I'm still not clear lol What town or general area will this all be located? I wanted to look around :)
Stormsong wrote:
Flower wrote:What area are we talking about ?

Sorry this wasn't clear Flower. Three points:

1 I've placed the guild house. Wasn't where I wanted it but close.

2 There is room for a guild town around the area.

3 I will place the guild stones to formally form the guild once I see a few more people respond with interest in the guild.

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

Sorry SS, i mean what's the name of the house that took your spot

Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stormsong »

Sorry Flower. My mistake.

West of Minoc, across the bay is a long arm going out into the bay. This arm has a long rock face running most of the distance. Where this arm meets the main landmass is a patio and west of the patio are two large one stories. The second one is the Guild house. The patio will be the guild bar.

I don't have the game at work so I can't give you the exact coordinates.

The house that beat me out hasn't been named yet.
Stormsong
Mistress of the Light