Coming from UO: Forever

Topics related to Second Age
irNathaniel

Re: Coming from UO: Forever

Post by irNathaniel »

Im sure most people will be playing 2+ shards.

As you can macro etc... Multiple clients, I do, But UOSA is my favorite and the one I'm currently putting most time into.
Mikel123 Taming Guide

If I Kill you, You will die... That's All.

CoconutMonkey

Post by CoconutMonkey »

Menkaure wrote:Well man, all I can say is this, back in osi days, I played from late 97ish to early early 2002ish. Without sounding conceding, I was really good at second age pvp/mechanics, but when uor came out I probably became one of the top 2 fighters on the shard with those mechanics. BUT, I thought they sucked, it was so boring. How many fights can you spam harm magic arrow and poison? I just thought it was retarded. Now, granted, dexxers were a ton more fun, but other than the lumberjack axer I thought they got boring as well. Yes here its MOSTLY hally mages, but its just a more fun fight style. Not to mention, the last tournament that was held vinitrex won with a hybrid and he beat 3 top tier haly mages to do it, so you can play other templates that are viable. Uor was te beginning of the end for uo, IMO. Trammel was obviously a huge part of it, but so was the shitty mechanics that were also a big part of the downfall. It can get stale here without events, without expansions etc; but, I'm a pvper, and you won't find better pvp style then here at uosa. So honestly if your a pvper come here. If you like trammy style pvm, crafting n crap, then maybe uof is better for you.

Good post. Thank you.

Can someone refresh my memory on how magic reflection worked in T2A? Was this before or after the spam-magic-reflect-after-every-time-a-spell-is-cast time? Here, every fight is led off with Magic Arrow. Are there no "Circles/Levels of Magic Reflect" based on your Magery, Resist, or Inscription? That is, magic reflect would block partial spells.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

No one spams reflect. Cause in this shard, 1 magic arrow will remove it. So spamming reflects a waste of mana
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

During the T2A era, reflect would be removed by a single spell, unlike UOR where reflect would protect you from a certain number of "circles" of spells before being brought down. Also, unlike UOR, it is possible to have reflect, reactive armor, and protection on at the same time.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org