Coming from UO: Forever

Topics related to Second Age
CoconutMonkey

Coming from UO: Forever

Post by CoconutMonkey »

So I'm seriously considering making T2A my home. I mean, if Richard Garriott lives here, shouldn't I? Just had a couple of questions if you don't mind!
  • Is there sufficient space for a newb to place a house? A small house is fine.

Are there any cash-for-gold, skill-for-cash, or vote-for-gold mechanisms in-game?

How active is this server in regards to GM-run events? UO: Forever was very good about making the game feel fresh with consistent events!

Thanks for the feedback T2A Community!

John

Capitalist

Re: Coming from UO: Forever

Post by Capitalist »

CoconutMonkey wrote:So I'm seriously considering making T2A my home. I mean, if Richard Garriott lives here, shouldn't I? Just had a couple of questions if you don't mind!
  • Is there sufficient space for a newb to place a house? A small house is fine.

Are there any cash-for-gold, skill-for-cash, or vote-for-gold mechanisms in-game?

How active is this server in regards to GM-run events? UO: Forever was very good about making the game feel fresh with consistent events!

Thanks for the feedback T2A Community!

John
There are probably 100-120 small house spots open. Mid and large houses have to be bought, typically for 2x deed.

There is no legal way to use tender on this server. The gains are slower than UOF, but not really bad at all.

GM-run events are rare, and for the most part not that interesting when they do happen. They took out automated events years ago, but players run events regularly. There are one or two events a week on regular, mostly being PvP. Other events are monthly, sometimes bi-monthly.

However, you won't need GM run events. Just trying to make it on this server is an event in itself. I'll edit my post with the rules of UOSA by GuardianKnight.

Edit: viewtopic.php?p=463142#p463142

What GK's guide is really missing is that once you get through all of the bullshit, there is no greater joy in a MMO than playing on UOSA.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

I hope you enjoy the server... I certainly have. Just so it is understood, it is possible for you to die, in town, under the protection of the town guards. If/when this happens - try not to come unglued. :P

Pac

Post by Pac »

nubnub wrote:I hope you enjoy the server... I certainly have. Just so it is understood, it is possible for you to die, in town, under the protection of the town guards. If/when this happens - try not to come unglued. :P
No different from Ultima Forever.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

nubnub wrote:I hope you enjoy the server... I certainly have. Just so it is understood, it is possible for you to die, EVERYWHERE, EVEN under the protection of the town guards and most possibly inside your home. If/when this happens - try not to come unglued. :P

Bolded: fixed that for you.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

1) plenty of room for a small
2) can't buy stuff here. Actually gotta work for your money but uof looked like a trammy world so I thought it looked retarded
3).... Yea.... About events. This server had events until 2011(server started in 2007)and dare I say they were the best Evers of any uo shard (dead serious they were amazing). But the gms took them out because they wanted complete era accuracy. Its retarded and like freakig 88% of us want them back, but so far we haven't won the battle. Some of us haven't given up the fight yet. They don't understand how many people will come here or come back here just for events. But, a lot
Of good players have player run events. Vinitrex, farnk, now ohm and when ashborn comes back he runs a bimonthly duel tourney. But yea, no gm events Unfortunately.... For now that is. I'm still holding on to hope they will return.

If you plan on making the move contact me ill be glad to donate gold to help you start.
I also bought a house right beside yew liches and can give u some silver swords weaps n co own you to the house to let you farm.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

CoconutMonkey

Post by CoconutMonkey »

Wow! I'm not sure if we (myself and a few relatives) will make the move or not, but the community here has been very generous and helpful. Thanks for the responses and insight!

irNathaniel

Post by irNathaniel »

You really should make the move, but its personal preference.

UO Second Age makes the game come down to pure gameplay and skill, hard work and some dedication.

It really immerse you in the game.
Mikel123 Taming Guide

If I Kill you, You will die... That's All.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

This shard will really test your patience and your threshold for pixelated rage. If you can stand to lose stuff once and a while, you will do well here. It is cut throat, but if you like to hunt or do whatever with a few others, you will do very well.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Question for ya coconut. If we did have GM/Automated Events still, would you even be thinking about the move, or would you move and come here right away?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Mr.CandyMan

Post by Mr.CandyMan »

Menkaure wrote:Question for ya coconut. If we did have GM/Automated Events still, would you even be thinking about the move, or would you move and come here right away?
I'll answer this also if you don't mind :D

I had some of my best uo moments playing in the events they used to have here, and my heart was broken when I heard they got rid of them. If the events were brought back, I would come back.

CoconutMonkey

Post by CoconutMonkey »

The truth is, UO Forever has multiple programmers working on their game. Events are regular, and game expansions are consistent. These expansions are good things (IMO) like High Seas ships or new craftable items. They do not, however, adjust the old gameplay or combat. They use UO:R rules right now.

I really am torn between having the consistent T2A world that I'm used to, OR the notion of an expanding UO that has the same nostalgic feel, but with NEW content.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

CoconutMonkey wrote:The truth is, UO Forever has multiple programmers working on their game. Events are regular, and game expansions are consistent. These expansions are good things (IMO) like High Seas ships or new craftable items. They do not, however, adjust the old gameplay or combat. They use UO:R rules right now.

I really am torn between having the consistent T2A world that I'm used to, OR the notion of an expanding UO that has the same nostalgic feel, but with NEW content.
Just play both shards already!!

Stop all the thinking and just do it!!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Well man, all I can say is this, back in osi days, I played from late 97ish to early early 2002ish. Without sounding conceding, I was really good at second age pvp/mechanics, but when uor came out I probably became one of the top 2 fighters on the shard with those mechanics. BUT, I thought they sucked, it was so boring. How many fights can you spam harm magic arrow and poison? I just thought it was retarded. Now, granted, dexxers were a ton more fun, but other than the lumberjack axer I thought they got boring as well. Yes here its MOSTLY hally mages, but its just a more fun fight style. Not to mention, the last tournament that was held vinitrex won with a hybrid and he beat 3 top tier haly mages to do it, so you can play other templates that are viable. Uor was te beginning of the end for uo, IMO. Trammel was obviously a huge part of it, but so was the shitty mechanics that were also a big part of the downfall. It can get stale here without events, without expansions etc; but, I'm a pvper, and you won't find better pvp style then here at uosa. So honestly if your a pvper come here. If you like trammy style pvm, crafting n crap, then maybe uof is better for you.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

If for some reason you can't find space for a small, I will sell you one for deed + 0.