Patch 92 - March 23, 2009 - NPC Merchants, spells & weapons.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 92 - March 23, 2009 - NPC Merchants, spells & weapons.

Post by Hemperor »

Creager wrote:
PillPuller wrote:I feel as though this patch (pertaining to spell casting) could ultimately hurt the 1v1 pvp of the server encouraging gank squads to be more abundant where they can simply avoid the use of weapons altogether by targeting. I thought it was fine the way it was. I know there was a lot of complaining and hoo-ha about disrupting spells which I think made this change a candidate for concern.
Well, a good 'gank squad' would never avoid weapon hits, they are vital to assuring the kill.

This patch will actually make 1on1 pvp more skillful, since players will now be forced to remove their weapon before releasing the spell. The argument of creating a simple macro is feasible, although a macro as such is only a bandaid; above average pvpers wont need a macro. This patch will create seperation between the skill of new, average, and good pvpers.
A player manually unequipping and then targeting will be no faster, in fact probably slower than creating a macro for it...just another automated pvp move that the "pro" pvpers will have and the others will have to learn.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

aXe wrote:Will this effect the timers? Considering you have to quip again.
There is no difference in swing timers, you will be doing what the system previously did for you automatically but the end result will be the same.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Can someone please post the macro that will be used.

I assume it wont be a standard dress macro?
[broken image]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

CmaN

Post by CmaN »

Creager wrote:
PillPuller wrote: This patch will actually make 1on1 pvp more skillful, since players will now be forced to remove their weapon before releasing the spell. The argument of creating a simple macro is feasible, although a macro as such is only a bandaid; above average pvpers wont need a macro. This patch will create seperation between the skill of new, average, and good pvpers.
Because making a razor macro or adding a tedious step to a component of mage pvp really defines "separation of skill". This change sucks.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

how can you possibly say this is bad?

now if your casting bladespirits and a pk runs up on you, you can stop casting. that alone makes this awesome.

edit- Thanks hemp!

Tekai
O'lmanRiver
[broken image]

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

The unequip before casting isn't a problem at all, you don't need a razor macro, just unequip your weapon before you target. I believe you also had to do that on UOG Divinity, but i cant remember to well. Everyone will get used to it and forget about it, but the addition of it means the shard is that much more era accurate kudos derrick.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

this patch is accurate except i believe the effect of the targeting spell with cursor up.

im just unsure about the fizzle of the spell. i seem to remember it just locking cursor and giving the red message. more of a hassle and possibly death causing mis-fire of keys than blowing the spell completely.

i remember before i got uoa that i would need to hit the uo disarm macro / uo last target and it wouldnt fire. i had to hit the disarm macro a few times because of the delay to disarm while the faster uoa/uoe disarm / arm player quickly was able to. its what caused me to shell out the money for uoa.

i basically am doubting the fizzle for targeting. i think it should block the discharge but hold the cursor up.

the rest is correct it didnt disarm for you for sure.

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

tekai wrote:how can you possibly say this is bad?

now if your casting bladespirits and a pk runs up on you, you can stop casting. that alone makes this awesome.

edit- Thanks hemp!

Tekai
O'lmanRiver
Don't get me wrong I am for the equipt to disrupt, but that is the extent of it. If your spell is casted it should unequipt you. But Like hemp said earlier nothing that can't be worked around.
AIM : Progn0sis

Sir Dan

Post by Sir Dan »

How can you pin point the t2a era? Sometimes the conservative mentality of this shard is too much.

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

Thanks for these changes.

And if anyone is dumb enough that they need a macro to unequip before dropping a spell, you should probably just uninstall now.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm personally very glad that we were finally able to make these changes within the context of accuracy. These issues have been on the table for an unbearably long time.

Faust

Post by Faust »

PillPuller wrote: Don't get me wrong I am for the equipt to disrupt, but that is the extent of it. If your spell is casted it should unequipt you. But Like hemp said earlier nothing that can't be worked around.
That feature was nothing but another addition to further the process to dumb down the game mechanics that the UOR publish introduced into the game. This only adds a level of degree to make the game more skillful like it was during the t2a era. It is still possible to make this macro in Razor, but that will never be quicker than the server doing it for you like it was previously. The further you make actions to be manually done by a player, the further the skill level rises that is involved in the game.

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Great changes! I always wondered how to interupt a spell. I kept looking in the options thinking 'Where is the Cancel spell keY?' Now I know there isn't actually one lol. So now I can set up a macro to interupt my blade spirits - I have had my fingers burnt before, not being able to cancel while I could see a red name running around the edge of my screen, coming closer and closer before the spell was finished hehe.

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Apok »

hey guys, Just to back up this thread here is the offical patch notes.

Server Publish
ƒT[ƒoƒpƒbƒ` Jan 24 2000 9:14AM CST
2000”N1ŒŽ25“ú 02:14 JST

Pre-casting
The bug involving the ability to "pre-cast" spells and then use or take items will be fixed. After casting a spell, the targeting cursor will disappear if the player does any of the following:

Equips or unequips an item.
Takes an item.
Drags an item from their backpack.