bring em back

Topics related to Second Age
Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: bring em back

Post by Ohm »

Taboo wrote: And also I'm pretty good at bag ball tyvm. I even just uofiddled bags in my mul file thanks to my not having contacts in or glasses anywhere to be found.

I log in to win, but I don't btch when I don't. I learn.
Anyone that needs to change the image of a bag to win bagball is a failure
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Taboo wrote:baby tears
Hush little baby, don't say a word.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Ohm wrote:Anyone that needs to change the image of a bag to win bagball is a failure
so every bagball player is a failure

til
^

Brules

Post by Brules »

Thanks Kaivan, but I know real #'s when I see them:

160....130.....same thing. They both SUCK.

People got tired of the nerfing and implementing game braking era accuracy here and just went to play on other shards. Go look at some of them and their numbers......we used to have 500-700 #s but as was pointed out, they have done nothing but nose dive since Derrick left and you took over.

Boom has it right, we need community mindedness over code accuracy.

If your goal is accuracy over community, this place is as good as dead and we are almost there.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

DONT LET THE DREAM DIE
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

The dream will continue.

Derrick will come back.

Events will return.

Felix will reclaim the GY.

Vega will stop lying on the internet.

I can dream, can't I....
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Derrick give me your address so I can send you the soul of Humboldt county baked into a muffin.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

bigbob

Post by bigbob »

i missed about 10 pages.. but i think i got the gist of it.
Notorious wrote:bring events back. revive the almighty.
Menkaure wrote:DO IT!
Mr.CandyMan wrote:Please.
Flea wrote:+1.
Bixby Legbone wrote:I vote yes.
Budner wrote:NO REAL REASON TO NOT HAVE EVENTS.
Ohm wrote:I want those auto pvp events back[/b][/u]
Capitalist wrote:having staff run events (automated), reliability and more occurrence are vital.
keelonzo wrote:If you want a larger population - ENABLE the population to be larger" "...re-establish events.
UsualSuspect wrote:Automated events are fun
Vishakt wrote:Coming from an orc's perspective: I really liked CTF.
Teknix wrote:Seriously CTF matches were the fucking bomb.
Metastasis wrote:Bringing back events will attract a ton more players
farnk wrote:there is just absolutely nothing to gain by NOT bringing events back.
BananaKush wrote:CTF were always fun when they had them.
Waldo wrote:Loved the events!
WOODY wrote:.GM events are more organized
Brules wrote:I think the shard needs the events.
Trojancow wrote:More options = more playing.
pollycracker89 wrote:Yes, bring back events
Gork wrote:bring em all back!!!! :)
Boondock_Saint wrote:I would love a weekly ctf.. those were a lot of fun..
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Should there be a safe place to watch learn and involve yourself in pvp...heck yeah....sorry but heck yeah.
Arsen wrote:bring back the staff made events.
GuardianKnight wrote:Bring back CTF.
vintirex wrote:how about no reward at all?
JBURNS wrote:EVENTS!~
[quote="Kabal"I remember lots of pvp immediately after events.[/quote]
FisuUOSA wrote:100% of population would be happy with them, or at least, indifferent. Hope GMs listen to this...
tekai wrote:The events were great
farnk wrote:[18:54] <@Derrick> I did like the events, and if I played here I'd vote yes too
Derrick wrote:100% mechanically, with the possible exception of off map game type events
Boomland Jenkins wrote:We can't rely on code 100% to keep a shard healthy, community is necessary. Without players, UOSA is essentially an odd version of the UO demo. We already have that, we don't need another one.
Kaivan wrote:The answer is still the same as before: We will not be bringing the old event system back in any capacity. You'll find that position shared by all the staff members.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I should try to be more tactful, I think.
Last edited by Treysta on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
^

Ali

Post by Ali »

Last I remember the reason the events were taken away was that they were broken.

Are they fixed? Could they be fixed?

P.S. - Kaivan is the best GM and I love watching him destroy all of you in text form.

P.P.S.- Trey can I have your stuff?
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Auto event's were taken out for a bunch of reasons. (My opinion)

1) Exploits regarding resurrecting in stat-loss with no penalty
2) Burning counts in a 100% Trammel zone in green acres
3) Un-original
4) They took place outside of Fel
5) People exploited these by using multiple clients (one char on each team guaranteed win)
6) The "free use" mechanic did not reflect the spirit of UO:T2A
7) Secure trading with no risk (stealing did not work here)

And a few other reasons I'm sure.

The Event Master Boomland has been hard at work creating brand new events that do not have these issues. He is in constant development of these new style events and so far I like it WAY more than the old soul-less auto tournaments.

I believe a part of our community is expressing a need for elements of what we had in the past with the auto events, those being mainly frequency, diversity, leader boards, schedules.

As far as frequency goes, one man can only do so much. Diversity, Boomland is hard at work with this everyday. Leader boards are something that require either out of game web development, or in game coding. Schedules are a topic that probably need more discussion and are of course limited to one man's daily life schedule at this moment.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Booms events are great. The problem is we need 4 BLJs. That... Or automate HIS events somehow. AND start plugging the results into the myuosa stats.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Abyz wrote:Booms events are great. The problem is we need 4 BLJs. That... Or automate HIS events somehow. AND start plugging the results into the myuosa stats.
A simple solution (and I've asked for it in it's rawist form before) is a sign up book that would save me 15-30 minutes every tournament. If the book could function through extra gumps like Challonge, we could actually have all the statistics easily populated onto the website I'd imagine. The same concept could be applied to other mini-games as well.

This, along with a "one switch startup" would be awesome. Right now most games I run have a series of hidden levers that need to be pulled and unpulled to adjust specific settings (remove guardzone, turn on warzone, delete Ankh to prevent ressing after a game starts, etc). Bag Ball is a perfect example of a game that has a "one switch startup" system.

The ideas above are fairly simple, don't create any new/additional problems in-game (because it would be piggybacking the exact same mechanics and systems I've built using the archaic XML spawner systems). It would save me over an hour every week (from tournaments, to Bash, to Potion Wars) and it would let me diversity which events I run and when.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Hats off to Boom for T R Y I N G to save the shard, not doing everything he can to kill it via technicalities.

The reality of this entire situation is exactly like it was in era.

At that point and time, UO was a big huge SHIT sandwhich and everyone had to takes a bite and swallow.....it was so bad, it prompted the changes that came out with UO:R and Trammel etc. #'s were down, noobs couldn't get a leg up, certain players/play styles dominated everyone else (PK's owned everything outside Gzone) everywhere at all times. The only people enjoying it were the hardcore PK's and PVP'ers.

I honestly think UOSA is at this very same point. Accuracy achieved lol.....

So where is this shard going? Kaivans way and down the toilet via the guillotine of accuracy?

Or back up via Boom's way of community over code?

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

I am reluctantly posting here, as I don't think this has been very productive at all, to clear the air on something that bugs me.
As long as Kaivan is around and in a position of power, this place will continue to die a slow terrible death.
There are only two people who have ever been able to review and commit code to this shard, Kaivan is not one of them. This delusion that this shard strives for accuracy out of spite due to Kaivan needs to end, it's objectively false.