Purge The Server

Topics related to Second Age

Should we purge the items/houses on the server and start fresh?

YES
35%
NO
48%
Sure - I think it would be a neat idea
4%
No - I have too much lewtz
7%
I don't care
5%

Total votes: 116

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Purge The Server

Post by keelonzo »

Not the Accounts, just items.

How many would be in favor of DELETING everything and starting over?

Just a fun discussion to see what everyone's 2 cents are.

Malaikat

Re: Purge The Server

Post by Malaikat »

It's not an interesting idea, and it will generate no interesting conversations. Anyone who thinks this is a good idea is an idiot
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Malaikat wrote:It's not an interesting idea, and it will generate no interesting conversations. Anyone who thinks this is a good idea is an idiot
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Best possible thing that could happen to this shard. After 6 years a refresh is needed.

And the crotchety old pixel coveters who will allegedly quit because of it would only server to better the shard with their departure.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Says the guy who doesn't even play this server.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

farnk

Post by farnk »

Would be better off deleting the server and making a uosa 2.0 than just deleting all the pixels.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

i am 100% for deleting everything and i'm a vet! I love the idea of start off fresh.. it won't ever happen though.

Yitamin

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

I vote a resounding "yes"! Even a character wipe I could live with. It would level the playing the field and give this place a much needed fresh start. Increase population, the works!

But it's never, never gonna fly with the 1 percenters. :roll:

They will whine like unholy bitches, til the rest of us are drown out by their piercing shrieks and loathesome howls.

As their masks fall...

And their vile filthy greed can been seen to drip out their very pours. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Li Meiyang on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gork

Post by Gork »

Hell no!

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Cue Debbie-Downer theme sound:

I'm like the bottom 10% of the 99%, and I'm stating here that this won't help the server population. It will not generate any trust with the people who are unable make the game their entire life, who invest hours of their life (those are real, not pixels, JFYI) building up over time, playing for 1 or 2 hours a few times a week in the time they find and want to relax. Sorry if these aren't people who help the server either, but if you think only people who invest their whole lives to it and play 8-10 hours a day are "worthy server population" then that community will be a group of rather sad people.

I can understand if you live on welfare, and are bored with UOSA and have the next double-digit number of months free to spend on a level playing field, then obviously you'll become a powerful member after a clean start. That's appealing to you. Perhaps something you think you'll never achieve here since you arrived after the glory days of server birth and GF pixels were done. My advice: go take a chance on a shard that is starting up tomorrow, and hope it turns into the next UOSA; you'll get loads of server birth & GF items! Lots of people did that here back in late '07/early '08, so don't come in and tell people who were here from the start, that they should have a wipe because you got here too late.

It's not about pixel love, it's about having a UO-home, and not having to worry about it randomly disappearing with all the hours you spent, both fun and not fun, building up to where you're at. Don't forget, this is UO. Items are marginal here. That's the beauty of this game: you can be 5x GM 2x 90 and have GM weapons and still be able to compete against someone 7x with a +25 vanq. There is an upper-limit on the skill points each char can have, not like other MMORPGs that basically have unending growth abilities, and which a 1 year old player has not even the slightest chance of competing against a 1.5 year old player. Remember this! Items are fucking meaningless in this game. However, they do hold a lot of history, and tell a sort of story about the shard.

*I got here 10 months ago; not a vet; zero (0) rares, not even one of those pointy blacksmith things people use to mark the blacksmithy bag on their vendor.

**This isn't an attack on keelonzo, as he wrote a disclaimer "just want to get the discussion going and hearing everyone's two cents." It's just a general rebuttal to anyone who supports the idea.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

a swallow

Post by a swallow »

Terrible idea..
[quote="Teriyl"] So wait, you're mad at swallow for stealing shit out of your castle that you mistakenly left unlocked? He's not my favorite person on the server, but damn Dyne, you can only be mad at yourself for that.

Excretious
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Excretious »

Great Idea.... Its appaling to see how rich certain ppl got with some of the latest IDOCs.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Excretious wrote:Great Idea.... Its appaling to see how rich certain ppl got with some of the latest IDOCs.
What's wrong with an uneven distribution of wealth?
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Afroshacks

Post by Afroshacks »

There's nothing wrong with the uneven distribution of wealth. Wealth on this game is easy to come by and most can accumulate it in no time. I personally only get to invest possibly 2-3 hours of real time a week on the game besides macroing of course and I can put up 100k in that amount of time (just need to quit constantly building new characters :roll: :roll: ). Though I have acquired a decent mass of possessions within the game that I am happy with. No I can't even come close to some of the 1 percenters that have 10s or more millions in gold and other items but I have everything I need to be competitive and more if I so choose. I personally am in between on the idea because I don't think it would benefit most of us either way. Those that have the never ending amounts of hours to invest would run ahead of the pack for the most part where others would end up right back where they are now. There are those that have unlimited hours to invest but not the balls to travel to the hot spots and farm in fear they will lose there loot. Those are the ones that will stay idle no matter what happens. This game is all about risk and reward, big risk big reward. So I would say why bother with a reset. It would boast a lot of whining and a few would quit but the die hard pvp players would put their pks to work harder than normal and the farmers who had the guts would just farm harder until they were back on top where they left off.
The older the Bull, the Stiffer the horn...

IRC: Afroshacks

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Good points all!

I personally voted "don't care"

Haven't had a ton of time to play lately and had 2 houses fall and the stablemaster reclaim over 45 animals (frenzies, wyrms, a few pure mares, a half dozen nightmares)

At first, I was kinda pissed at myself for letting it go, but after it was gone - it was kinda freeing.

I can see both points of view, but I think the best is the person who talked about the people that DON'T play 24/7 - for them to have a solid foundation to come to when they leave IRL to play the game - not the other way around.

.... So when we gettin our christmas goodies!?