New Player

Topics related to Second Age
D4ni3l

New Player

Post by D4ni3l »

Hello, I'm Daniel I have been looking at UO for months now and I really like how the game was when it first came out... which is what I think this server is? The just looks amazing the pvp and everything you can do. From all the videos I have watched Being a pvp Mage looks really fun. I have looked all over the internet for a pre t2a pvp mage build but can't seem to find one is there anyone who could type me one up if they have time? The stats and skill build is all I need I'm sure I could figure where everything else is. Thank you. If this is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

Xanben

Re: New Player

Post by Xanben »

Welcome Daniel. I believe you've confused the eras. Second Age is if I recall from lore the second era. The one right after the release (don't quote me on this I was born after release of the game). With the era differences tank mages sort of faded into happy hally mages. They are the 'most' powerful in this era. The build often used to create one is:

swords
wrestle
tactics
eval intelligence
magery
resist spells
meditation

100 str
25 dex
100 int

or that's what is used the most, you can guess you'll be using a halberd to swing the heads off of your enemies after casting some killer spells. Hope this helps. As with all UO games. Build a template you'd enjoy not the template we all use. Points for creativity. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them. :)

D4ni3l

Post by D4ni3l »

Xanben wrote:Welcome Daniel. I believe you've confused the eras. Second Age is if I recall from lore the second era. The one right after the release (don't quote me on this I was born after release of the game). With the era differences tank mages sort of faded into happy hally mages. They are the 'most' powerful in this era. The build often used to create one is:

swords
wrestle
tactics
eval intelligence
magery
resist spells
meditation

100 str
25 dex
100 int

or that's what is used the most, you can guess you'll be using a halberd to swing the heads off of your enemies after casting some killer spells. Hope this helps. As with all UO games. Build a template you'd enjoy not the template we all use. Points for creativity. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them. :)
Thank you so much for the help.

Zong

Post by Zong »

D4ni3l, can you please tell us how you came across this server?

D4ni3l

Post by D4ni3l »

I simply googled "Best UO server" this one and Ultima forever showed up... This one was more what I was after... Quick question When I click NPC's I don't seem to be able to trade them? every other server I tried I just click them?

Gork

Post by Gork »

vendor buy , vendor sell etc etc

D4ni3l

Post by D4ni3l »

ahh ty. Ik I have asked allot already but what's the best place to start training I tried the grave yard but they seem to kill me :P

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

anywhere really- i honestly suggest utilizing the 3 accounts per ip rule, this will help you get that much further- that much faster. 3x healer dexers work wonders for making cash but don't expect to survive on all of your characters if you're jumped by a red or two. You should also read into the Wiki. Many useful hints in that for all player types. Enjoy your new UO home!

Yitamin

Chaknor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Chaknor »

Hey Daniel, welcome to UOSA! I would definitely recommend you check out this guide by Pirul as well as the Beginners' Guide on the T2A Wiki! Feel free to send me a PM on the forums if you have any other questions.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Hello Daniel.

When UO was first released, you are thinking about the "dread lord" era.
In that era, the most popular pvp mage was an archer mage.
In this shard/era archer mages are not very good. Your want a hally mage as stated above.
If you want to private message me on the forums a time that you play, I will try to log on and give you some start up gold to help you on your journey.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

35 Dex 90 int...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

D4ni3l

Post by D4ni3l »

Thank you all for your feed back much help :) I think after looking around I'm going to make a warrior to build up some money before I make a hally mage.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

felix wrote:make a bard
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Chaknor wrote:Hey Daniel, welcome to UOSA! I would definitely recommend you check out this guide by Pirul as well as the Beginners' Guide on the T2A Wiki! Feel free to send me a PM on the forums if you have any other questions.
applejack wrote:
felix wrote:make a bard
This is great advice!!
Pirul's guides are some of the best.
applejack is right for a 1st char.

Welcome to UOSA!
When you are ready to play out a small, pm me and I'll hook you up.

Good luck Daniel
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

D4ni3l

Post by D4ni3l »

Damn this game is harder then it look's died so many times fighting in the grave yard.