Black Dye Tubs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Severity

Black Dye Tubs

Post by Severity »

What is the reasoning for having Black Dye tubs as a gift with a very small amount of charges? On OSI I was handed several of them the day they were introduced with that utility. Even long after that in 98 and 99 I was able to buy a true black dye tub for probably 10-15k. If we are looking for era accuracy, how come they aren't more readily available and with unlimited charges. The same goes for furniture dye tubs as they had unlimited charges too. I think that's a very UOSA specific tweak.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Black Dye Tubs

Post by Kryptonical »

I never played during t2a but from what I've been hearing I keep hearing people wonder why the furniture dye tubs and the black dye tubs have charges when in the original t2a they never did. I see this is a fix that needs to happen to stay true to era. I also dont see how this could drastically effect gameplay either...

Fae

Post by Fae »

Yes, I had 2 true black dye tubs on OSI Pacific, circa 98-00. I paid 40k for one and about 10k for the other if my memory serves me.

Maybe black tubs could be introduced via a GM tailoring option somehow. Even if only for a limited time. I know this idea isn't very accurate but it would help keep the rarity up while introducing them as an era accurate part of the economy. Maybe I'm just biased because I miss my tubs :)

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Tubs should just cost XXX points and have multiple charges. Not that hard.

The entire trophy system needs to be re-defined IMO. I'm considering doing a write-up!
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

one thing in regards to the trophy system is the my pvp character isnt quite complete, I'm working a lot on my crafters and really am unaware of any way to get a black dye tub (i dont care that much about it) but the trophy system like you say seems to need some looking into...but as far as xxx trophies = black dye tub, not that hard....well yes your absolutely correct...but thats not era accurate...

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Maybe to keep balance. Furny tubs were there late in era but not early in era. So, by keeping the number of stupid looking colored shit I have to see everyday to a minimum, the shard satisfies people like me who like early t2a, while still allowing the people who liek the later version of t2a to still have their color'd shit if they work hard enough for it.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Stranger wrote:Maybe to keep balance. Furny tubs were there late in era but not early in era. So, by keeping the number of stupid looking colored shit I have to see everyday to a minimum, the shard satisfies people like me who like early t2a, while still allowing the people who liek the later version of t2a to still have their color'd shit if they work hard enough for it.
Black tubs are pre-T2A. Somewhere, someone (not on this shard, but many other 't2a' shards), that true black should be more of a specialty item. It makes no sense but I'm over it :D

I had a true black dye tub before T2A, I think I made mine before Fame/Karma was even added
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

RoadKill wrote:
Stranger wrote:Maybe to keep balance. Furny tubs were there late in era but not early in era. So, by keeping the number of stupid looking colored shit I have to see everyday to a minimum, the shard satisfies people like me who like early t2a, while still allowing the people who liek the later version of t2a to still have their color'd shit if they work hard enough for it.
Black tubs are pre-T2A. Somewhere, someone (not on this shard, but many other 't2a' shards), that true black should be more of a specialty item. It makes no sense but I'm over it :D

I had a true black dye tub before T2A, I think I made mine before Fame/Karma was even added
Yes I know they were made pre t2a via coal. They were not able to be made during t2a. But they were somewhat rare before vet rewards. Only the really rich people had them, though one usually knew where to go to use one that was locked down in someones house.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Locking them down like that wasn't a good idea back then. :wink:

Dye tubs could be changed while locked down with dyes. This was before they made them "true black dye tubs" where the tub couldn't be changed. I heard many stories where people made this fatal mistake.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Yeah, I dun know if I remember correctly, but I don't recall any tubs having limited charges at all...

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

They weren't rare during T2A because they gave them out as Christmas Gifts 1 year during T2A

Senses

Post by Senses »

Well, granted, they weren't rare for the person who started day 1, but for the average player they were pretty rare. And honestly, I don't think its all that different here. If anything is different, its that people here understand the concept of rarity alot more than people ever did back in the day. Noone leaves out their rares for the general populace to enjoy because they know they can hoard it and enjoy the money themselves.

I don't see a problem with this either. Black tubs do exist. And thats era accurate. How they are used isn't Derrick's problem. And anyways, its not as if you can't get a million uses out of that one black tub charge if you know what your doing.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Jaster wrote:They weren't rare during T2A because they gave them out as Christmas Gifts 1 year during T2A
I have to disagree here. Maybe your refering to how they were made via coal which was recieved by the bad players for christmas pre t2a. I started t2a day one and I never got a black dye tub for christmas.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The "using coal" thing is just bs.

Here is the actual story on the black dyes
http://www.uoguide.com/Black_Dye_Tub

Jaster