Nightmare spawn question (era accuracy)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Severity

Nightmare spawn question (era accuracy)

Post by Severity »

I have a question that I've been meaning to ask for a while. I hope someone can weigh in on it who remembers the nightmare spawn from back in the day. Why is the nightmare currently spawning in it's location? Did that happen when T2A was first released? I remember it being and have screen shots of PKing in the Terra swamp room during T2A. Any idea why it is currently where it is?

Jaster

Re: Nightmare spawn question (era accuracy)

Post by Jaster »

I remember it being in hell also [terra keep swamp area] ... not sure as to why it is located in Oaks and Oasis

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

I think, and this is right off the top of my head, that this was changed either late into T2A or at the beginning of UO:R. They had a massive overhaul on spawns and loot tables sometime around then, didn't they?

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I think it used to, but then Onslaught pointed out it was inaccurate.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Terra keep spawn was ren. I remember trapping it int hat little hallway and keeping it in there with field spells while I tamed it. It also spawned a lot at that time, they werent very rare.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Aye I remember it spawning in the terra swamp, and after carefully maneauvreing it to the north end of the swamp near the wall, where there was a little window, if you quickly recalled to a pre marked rune on the other side of the wall/window you could finish taming it without it kicking your ass.

No idea where it now spawns or whether that is era accurate. My mind is fuzzy as to when I even stopped playing UO. About 6 months after trammel I think, whenever that was.

I do remember the average price for buying one was around 40K on Europa.

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

Jaster wrote:I remember it being in hell also [terra keep swamp area] ... not sure as to why it is located in Oaks and Oasis
Nightmares first spawned in TKeep on the first day of Renaissance.

I remember it well because me and a few of my buddies stayed up pretty much 24 hours taming mares there on the first day, trying to make a profit.

I found 4 mares (sold them for a mil each SUP) during this era because people would tame them in T2A and stable them in T2A which blocked the spawn until that mare left the lost lands. I found 3 in Oasis and one south of Papua.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Slaine wrote:Aye I remember it spawning in the terra swamp, and after carefully maneauvreing it to the north end of the swamp near the wall, where there was a little window, if you quickly recalled to a pre marked rune on the other side of the wall/window you could finish taming it without it kicking your ass.

No idea where it now spawns or whether that is era accurate. My mind is fuzzy as to when I even stopped playing UO. About 6 months after trammel I think, whenever that was.

I do remember the average price for buying one was around 40K on Europa.
40k was also the going rate on catskills in t2a.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger