Resist

Topics related to Second Age
Woland

Resist

Post by Woland »

Hi,

So I GMed magery but I'm still at 57.4 resist.
I know in the guides it says to use Lightning till 62 etc...but that's only because your magery doesn't allow you to cast a higher spell if you raise it at the same time as resist. My question is, should I just cast Flamestrike on myself from 57 on (will I gain more from that spell because it does more damage)? Considering it's only 2 regs ,the only down part being that it uses more mana and therefore I'll have to meditate more often).

Sorry if my question is confusing and badly phrased. I always find skills, techniques etc.. of a game a pretty confusing topic to write about...

Gork

Re: Resist

Post by Gork »

do lightning to 62 and ebolt to 82 then FS to finish. You will not gain resist from FS at this point.

Woland

Post by Woland »

OK, so I'll stick to what's in the guide.
Thanks,

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

If your macroing resist on a character that doesn't have meditation then you have/had 2 choices.
A) gm med then resist and when resist is where you want it, turn the arrow on meditation down and gm the other skill you want.
Or, if your already 6x and you don't want to temporarily lose a skill to meditation, then
B) use another character, a Mage/meditation character to sit there and cast on you. Because without meditation training resist takes 5x as long.

I just re read your post I'm sorry I'm tipsy.
If you gmd magery/meditation without doing resist and your going to keep the meditation on the character then just follow the guide.
Always do resist the same time you do magery because by the end you'll have about 90 resist.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Woland

Post by Woland »

Yeah I have Gm Medit as well.

Enjoy your drinks haha.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Go hire like 50 npc mages and put them on a boat.. throw a pot at them and gains are quick.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

You're out of town, right? Gm magery and mid 50's resist is ridic. If you've got a build that needs magery and no resist, I'd gi that route and start a new mage. If you're doing it right, you'll gm magery with about 90 resist.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Great point Malaikat!

It would be cheaper to start a new mage and turn this char into a non resist char. Which there are a few skill sets
that require GM magery, but not resist. If you need med on this or any other char, use the liquior method. In fact
in past builds, I have GM'd med before even starting magery/resist.

Ask around, there are plenty of players who will lend you a safe small or whatever to work magery out of town,
me included. Just send a pm.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Woland

Post by Woland »

Hi,

Yeah I raised magery in town. The reason is that I'm on Mac can't figure how to open a second client and in order to raise resist AND magery without assistance from another character (or guild member because I haven't find a guild yet) I would have had to use greater heals in addition to lighting/ebolt/flamestrike and that is just too many regs for a newbie like me.

It was more important to me to GM magery fast. I don't PVP and resist is not my priority but just something I would like to get up eventually.

Right now with GM Provo, Music, Eval, Medit, Wrestle and Magery I manage to do what I want.

Thanks for all your answers.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Buy a PC...

Mac sux
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Woland

Post by Woland »

Thanks Malaikat for that idiotic comment.
We all have good reasons to be on the OS of our choice.
Not being able to open 2 clients at the same time on UO is a very small inconvenience that I can accept in return for using the OS I like best.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Woland wrote:Thanks Malaikat for that idiotic comment.
We all have good reasons to be on the OS of our choice.
Not being able to open 2 clients at the same time on UO is a very small inconvenience that I can accept in return for using the OS I like best.
I think mala was just making a joke. Don't take it to heart.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Heh. I've given the best and then the worst advice in the thread. It's interesting to see how people respond...

You're welcome by the way.

Woland

Post by Woland »

Actually Mala your first advice was kinda irrelevant to my question as well. Maybe a good option but not what I'm looking for (no interest in having a second character at this point). I simply wanted to know if at 57 I would gain more from FS than LB. I did get my answer from a few other people though. But thanks anyway for taking the time to offer your point of view, and yeah sorry I got a bit excited about the PC/Mac comment.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Woland wrote:Actually Mala your first advice was kinda irrelevant to my question as well. Maybe a good option but not what I'm looking for (no interest in having a second character at this point). I simply wanted to know if at 57 I would gain more from FS than LB. I did get my answer from a few other people though. But thanks anyway for taking the time to offer your point of view, and yeah sorry I got a bit excited about the PC/Mac comment.
If at any point you desire to have another character with magery you may as well train it now. Otherwise you're going to spend the time and money required to GM two mages and come away with only one GM mage...

Which, according to my extensive research on the matter, is effing retarded. I'm fighting hard to not take another shot at the Mac fan-base here. Don't give me any excuses.