EZ UO, Cavewight's Idoc, and Enforcement

Topics related to Second Age
GtH

EZ UO, Cavewight's Idoc, and Enforcement

Post by GtH »

First of all, people DO use EZUO on secondage.

It's pretty common knowledge that "Zakk" aka "Groovy Baby" uses EZUO. People got suspicious from his performance from his purple pots, which he does with his high ping due to playing from Korea. Later he flat out admitted it to numerous people that he did in fact use EZUO and didn't fear any repercussions from the staff.

At Cavewight's idoc everyone was going for a few items (i.e. The Cannon, Tall Statue, Iron Maiden, etc.) The guild [Uhh] got ALL of these items. Just doing the math that there were hundreds of people there, most have scavenger going for those most sought after items...and [Uhh] gets virtually ALL of them? This doesn't add up and if it isn't EZUO, it is something else that they are doing that is just as bad or worse.

So secondage has rules against EZUO, but it is documented that people still use EZUO with no repercussions. This is unfair to the people who actually follow the rules.

The staff should either
a) Start enforcing the no EZUO rule and start punishing the users.
b) Lift the EZUO ban so everyone can use it and we are all on a level playing field.
Last edited by GtH on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: EZ UO, Cavewight's Idoc, and Enforcement

Post by Light Shade »

Whereas it is pretty obvious that many players are using EUO, it is also quite difficult to actually catch them in the act.

Simply put, being fast does not make them breaking the rules. I agree that it is VERY obvious that some people are breaking the rules and using EUO for things at IDOC's, but unfortunately it is VERY hard to prove beyond a doubt.

Sadly, I think you will have to just deal with these pathetic cheaters.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

GtH

Post by GtH »

From what you are saying, we should just remove the no EZUO rule if it is an unenforceable rule. Then everyone will be on an even playing field and using EZUO won't be "cheating" anymore!

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

GtH wrote:At Cavewight's idoc everyone was going for a few items (i.e. The Cannon, Tall Statue, Iron Maiden, etc.) The guild [Uhh] got ALL of these items. Just dong the math that there were hundreds of people there, most have scavenger going for those most sought after items...and [Uhh] gets virtually ALL of them? This doesn't add up and if it isn't EZUO, it is something else that they are doing that is just as bad or worse.
L O L :lol: :lol: :lol:

'They got what I wanted.. must be EUO!!!!1'

Yes.. with our 12 characters at that IDOC we got 4 items.. gotta be EUO.. no other explanation :roll:
Im sorry you are dumb and cant use razor properly.

Wow the OP made me laugh so hard.. thank you.
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Help for the newbish fools that don't understand the capabilities of EZUO.

How does it *help* people?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

GtH wrote:First of all, people DO use EZUO on secondage.

It's pretty common knowledge that "Zakk" aka "Groovy Baby" uses EZUO. People got suspicious from his performance from his purple pots, which he does with his high ping due to playing from Korea. Later he flat out admitted it to numerous people that he did in fact use EZUO and didn't fear any repercussions from the staff.

At Cavewight's idoc everyone was going for a few items (i.e. The Cannon, Tall Statue, Iron Maiden, etc.) The guild [Uhh] got ALL of these items. Just dong the math that there were hundreds of people there, most have scavenger going for those most sought after items...and [Uhh] gets virtually ALL of them? This doesn't add up and if it isn't EZUO, it is something else that they are doing that is just as bad or worse.

So secondage has rules against EZUO, but it is documented that people still use EZUO with no repercussions. This is unfair to the people who actually follow the rules.

The staff should either
a) Start enforcing the no EZUO rule and start punishing the users.
b) Lift the EZUO ban so everyone can use it and we are all on a level playing field.
While I'm sure that EasyUO is actually used on UOSA against our rules, the fact is that you're asking us to enforce the rule based on flimsy evidence. Your current argument is that some group of players performed too well, and as a result of that, they must clearly be using EasyUO. The fact of the matter is that this argument is nowhere near sufficient to ban a person for using an unapproved 3rd party program, because it simply bans them based on performance, and provides no direct evidence of it's use.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

To be fair Kaivan, people have been accusing certain players in Uhh of using this program in large numbers since they started playing this server. Despite the lack of evidence, it's surprisingly hard to just ignore the opinion of vets who have done all of the same things they have done and lost every single time without sound reason for such events happening. Recidivism is primarily the main proof here.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Kaivan wrote:The fact of the matter is that this argument is nowhere near sufficient to ban a person for using an unapproved 3rd party program, because it simply bans them based on performance, and provides no direct evidence of it's use.
Well, that's got to be on staff. Short of looking over a dude's shoulder, I don't see how a player could accomplish such a task...

I don't know about EUO at idocs, because frankly I don't care. I do, however, know at least one player uses it during pvp.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Capitalist wrote:To be fair Kaivan, people have been accusing certain players in Uhh of using this program in large numbers since they started playing this server. Despite the lack of evidence, it's surprisingly hard to just ignore the opinion of vets who have done all of the same things they have done and lost every single time without sound reason for such events happening. Recidivism is primarily the main proof here.
The quantity of players claiming that someone is doing something has no bearing on its truth.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

You ignored the part where I said vets. Rich, tactful, especially prominent players who really understands the ins and outs of the server.

P.S. Is it possible to have a macro that plays music when a mare spawns on UOSA?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Capitalist wrote:You ignored the part where I said vets. Rich, tactful, especially prominent players who really understands the ins and outs of the server.
And that understanding has borne out positions such as "they got items that were really hard to acquire". That provides zero evidence for the use of any 3rd party program.
Capitalist wrote:P.S. Is it possible to have a macro that plays music when a mare spawns on UOSA?
It depends on what type of music you're talking about. For example, is it possible to, as a living player, play an instrument when a mare is seen on your screen via system messages, target by type, and a call to a macro to play the instrument. It is not, however, possible to play a sound such as a song from a windows media player playlist, but there is zero way to verify that is occurring in the first place.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I mean, all points aside, your responses have pretty much made this a "it's okay to use EUO on this server" thread. I understand that you have to be an idiot to be caught using EUO, but I didn't think if an investigation was occurring that you'd need someone to just post a screenshot with EUO open.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Capitalist wrote:I mean, all points aside, your responses have pretty much made this a "it's okay to use EUO on this server" thread.
You're suggesting that because we can't reliably prevent certain actions under EUO that we're OKing the use of the program on the server, which is a ridiculous position. Using your previous example with music triggers, which are possible under EUO, you're proposing that we should know when that's going on, yet there is no way for us to actually know that. So given that, how can we be expected to know about it and prevent it at all?
Capitalist wrote:I understand that you have to be an idiot to be caught using EUO, but I didn't think if an investigation was occurring that you'd need someone to just post a screenshot with EUO open.
We can't be tasked with investigating a player based on unreliable information. We have extremely limited resources, and any investigation would take an exhaustive amount of time to conduct.

xynosis

Post by xynosis »

Does Capitalist have any substantial evidence as to why or how anyone is using EUO?

I know that I for one can attest that I never even opened up a program called EUO my entire life. This is a fact. I don't even know what it looks like... much less what it can do.

I know that other members of Uhh have told me that they have been accused of using it when telling me that it is dumb to even consider using it when you can be creative, smart and follow the reasonable expectations and rules on a free server.

They HAVE shown me some creative and innovative ways of using razor though... and useful pvp practices. (don't message me about these secrets... they are secrets and will remain so.)

Accusing people of using EUO or anything like it when they actually do not is really a kind of compliment on a number of levels. It shows that the accused player has skills that the others do not currently possess. It might also suggest that the player accusing others may be using it themselves.
so... how do I edit my signature again???
-Xynosis

GtH

Post by GtH »

Kaivan wrote: While I'm sure that EasyUO is actually used on UOSA against our rules, the fact is that you're asking us to enforce the rule based on flimsy evidence. Your current argument is that some group of players performed too well, and as a result of that, they must clearly be using EasyUO. The fact of the matter is that this argument is nowhere near sufficient to ban a person for using an unapproved 3rd party program, because it simply bans them based on performance, and provides no direct evidence of it's use.
Kaivan, has anyone ever gotten banned for using EZUO?

If our answer is no, then the no EZUO rule is an unenforceable rule and should be removed.