[SOLD] L-Shape Between Skara Brae and Destard

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Sephora

[SOLD] L-Shape Between Skara Brae and Destard

Post by Sephora »

This house is placed in a nice location and have a clear area infront of the doors, there is also access to wood and ore close to home.

Start Bid: L-Shape Deed + 2x Small Deed.
Buy Out: 3x L-Shape Deed.
Ends on Sunday or 24H after last bid.
Attachments
LShape_Destard.png
LShape_Destard.png (225.43 KiB) Viewed 853 times
LShape_Destard_map.png
Last edited by Sephora on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demetrius

Re: L-Shape Between Skara Brae and Destard

Post by Demetrius »

S/B
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando

Sephora

Post by Sephora »

*bump*

hoodar

Post by hoodar »

L-Shape and 3 SM deeds

Wil

Post by Wil »

A reminder that because this house sits on a hill, characters inside are vulnerable to attack from under the foundation. The so-called LOS bug if you want to look it up.
Matron De Winter stole my heart.
My liver and leg bones too...
But when she took my head to the guards,
They whacked her 'cause she was not Blue!

Sephora

Post by Sephora »

Wil wrote:A reminder that because this house sits on a hill, characters inside are vulnerable to attack from under the foundation. The so-called LOS bug if you want to look it up.
I take it that you just want to sabotage the auction.

The LOS bug/exploit is working on every house with or without a hill. You can still be on the second floor without getting hit.

Note: Due to a recently discovered (and ruled Era-Accurate) bug from the Era, it is now possible to attack anyone in a house with a stone foundation via the Chain Lightning and Meteor Swarm spells among other things. The range of 2 tiles is no longer in effect. You can attack them up to the range of the spell. Objects like Stone Ovens will block LOS if cleverly arranged.

viewtopic.php?t=40888 <-- In Game Bug Reports
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Housing <-- Wiki

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

I just macro on the second level and have never had a problem!
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando

Wil

Post by Wil »

Sephora wrote:I take it that you just want to sabotage the auction.
I just want the eventual buyer to know what they're getting. It's a nice house in a nice neighborhood but it does have a problem that most other 2-story houses don't. Check this previous auction for screenshots: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=52906
Sephora wrote:The LOS bug/exploit is working on every house with or without a hill.
Note: Due to a recently discovered (and ruled Era-Accurate) bug from the Era, it is now possible to attack anyone in a house with a stone foundation via the Chain Lightning and Meteor Swarm spells among other things. The range of 2 tiles is no longer in effect. You can attack them up to the range of the spell. Objects like Stone Ovens will block LOS if cleverly arranged.
I dug in to this a while ago to try to learn exactly what the deal was.

There are two LOS bugs. One affects castles, keeps and towers and allows you to target anyone inside with spells. This house is not one of those. The other affects all houses where it's possible to stand nearby at a lower elevation than where the house is placed. This house is impacted by that problem.

The "foundations" have nothing to do with it -- that piece of information is wrong. How do you know it's wrong? Because all houses have stone foundations and you haven't been PKed while macroing in the center of your small on level terrain.

Sephora wrote:You can still be on the second floor without getting hit.
If correct, that's news to me and valuable information I didn't have. I encourage you to add it to http://ask.uosecondage.com/questions/11 ... os-details

Regards,
Wil

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Not your problem Wil. Nor do you need to point out issues in any house auction about spawn, plants in the house, bad neighbors or a dog pooping in the yard.

Wil

Post by Wil »

Budner wrote:Not your problem Wil. Nor do you need to point out issues in any house auction about spawn, plants in the house, bad neighbors or a dog pooping in the yard.
Hi Budner,

No disrespect, but I'm well within the bounds of propriety when I take an interest in the public buying and selling of my immediate neighbors' houses. I had information about that specific house I thought prospective buyers would want to know, so I posted it. In two sentences.

So now they know. If it's alright with you, let's let Sephora get back to selling the house. Which in the the opinion of the buyer's new neighbor is worth the current high bid.

Regards,
Wil

Sephora

Post by Sephora »

Time is 13:11 and it is about 11 Hours left to the Auction ends.

High bid so far is hoodar with a L-Shape and 3 Small deeds.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Wil wrote:
Budner wrote:Not your problem Wil. Nor do you need to point out issues in any house auction about spawn, plants in the house, bad neighbors or a dog pooping in the yard.
Hi Budner,

No disrespect, but I'm well within the bounds of propriety when I take an interest in the public buying and selling of my immediate neighbors' houses. I had information about that specific house I thought prospective buyers would want to know, so I posted it. In two sentences.

So now they know. If it's alright with you, let's let Sephora get back to selling the house. Which in the the opinion of the buyer's new neighbor is worth the current high bid.

Regards,
Wil
Oh you're just a big do-gooder aren't you. The shard THANKS you. THANK YOU so much for doing so much good.

Propriety is holding your tongue when it's none of your business.

Bump for a great house despite Wil's house slander.

Sephora

Post by Sephora »

== Auction Ended ==

Winner is hoodar with a L-Shape and 3 Small deeds.

Return to “Housing”