Shard Population nemesis; Vega

Topics related to Second Age
Phantom 3

Shard Population nemesis; Vega

Post by Phantom 3 »

Here is me publicly calling you out.
On 11/1/13....

A player who, I assume, has been playing here for quite some time decided to scam a new player to the server (also a member of [NEW]).

The sum of the scammer made off with 240k gold that the victim had worked hard for.
The victim of the scam, Zeus, asked for his money back.

In response he was executed.

Good job Vega!

I wanted to bring this to the attention of the server, because the [NEW] player, Zeus, has decided to limit his play time as a result. He has also decided to give his in game belongings away and will most likely quit the server.

I don't think I want admins involved in player matters such as this, but I want to know... why is this acceptable in this community? Do you guys not realize the fewer players you have here the worse off the server is?

Heres a screenshot of Vega trying to not admit to his actions. Im upset about this because Vega has decided he should cause harm to our community. My recommendation is that he should be punished and that he should be required to return what he stole.

I am glad our community exists. Its obvious children are allowed to bully here. I think everyone should be bullied so that they learn to stick up for themselves, however, I do not believe said bullying should be allowed to undermine our player base anymore.

Phantom

Capitalist

Re: Shard Population nemesis; Vega

Post by Capitalist »

Your insinuations of thieving, as well as editing the conversation to only include what you want it to are nothing more than slander. I still do believe it's hilarious. Now it's even more hilarious. I'll see you in court qwebirc37145!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Wonder

Post by Wonder »

Phantom 3 wrote:Here is me publicly calling you out.
On 11/1/13....

A player who, I assume, has been playing here for quite some time decided to scam a new player to the server (also a member of [NEW]).

The sum of the scammer made off with 240k gold that the victim had worked hard for.
The victim of the scam, Zeus, asked for his money back.

In response he was executed.

Good job Vega!

I wanted to bring this to the attention of the server, because the [NEW] player, Zeus, has decided to limit his play time as a result. He has also decided to give his in game belongings away and will most likely quit the server.

I don't think I want admins involved in player matters such as this, but I want to know... why is this acceptable in this community? Do you guys not realize the fewer players you have here the worse off the server is?

Heres a screenshot of Vega trying to not admit to his actions. Im upset about this because Vega has decided he should cause harm to our community. My recommendation is that he should be punished and that he should be required to return what he stole.

I am glad our community exists. Its obvious children are allowed to bully here. I think everyone should be bullied so that they learn to stick up for themselves, however, I do not believe said bullying should be allowed to undermine our player base anymore.

Phantom

contradict [ˌkɒntrəˈdɪkt]
vb
1. (tr) to affirm the opposite of (a proposition, statement, etc.)
2. (tr) to declare (a proposition, statement, etc.) to be false or incorrect; deny
3. (intr) to be argumentative or contrary
4. (tr) to be inconsistent with (a proposition, theory, etc.) the facts contradicted his theory
5. (intr) (of two or more facts, principles, etc.) to be at variance; be in contradiction
[from Latin contrādīcere, from contra- + dīcere to speak, say]
contradictable adj
Kaivan wrote:Your overlord is here, and this thread is locked.
[04:34] <Vintirex> whats wrong? did it start saving again?

[03:02] <G[7thson]> anyone who knows pvp knows that using ghoul touch the whole fight isn't really pvp

Bee

Post by Bee »

It's uo! Everyone knows it is the most cut throat game ever. That's why we all play it because of that.. Scamming is part of uo, you get scammed- accept it, learn from it, and move on.

240k is not shit.. You can make that in a couple hours if you really wanted to. The fact that you are on here crying asking for admins to get involved is a complete joke.. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, you might want to go play Everquest or wow..

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

... While I would REALLY like this to be true- Is it *possible* that someone named Vega in-game scammed your friend? Doesn't sound like something he would DO, but does fit with something he would laugh at.

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

What is UOSA's policy on scammers and is there a way to protect yourself at all via forum posts, recorded video, or screen shots?
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Soulbreak wrote:What is UOSA's policy on scammers and is there a way to protect yourself at all via forum posts, recorded video, or screen shots?

RPV/video and screens - possibly chat log. The only recompense is the scammer being *outed* and banned from forum activity - not the game.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

I hate seeing new players scammed just as much as anyone else, but a little light into how exactly this went down would be helpful. If the guy just handed Vega 240k, he probably should have thought about a more secure method of dealing.

The only way you get scammed in this game is if you make a dumb move, or your best buddy backstabs you. I'm assuming Zeus and Vega were not best buddies to start with, so that would exclude the latter scenario...
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Assuming the OP's account is 100% accurate, so what? Someone so soft-skinned will find another reason to quit. The griefing is constant (and fun). If you don't like it, then this is probably the wrong shard for you.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

A few things here:

1) First of all, being scammed, sucks, and at one point, we have all been scammed. You rage, you say your leaving, then in about 24 hours you cool off and come back, so posting this on the forums about pouting and quitting is just going to get you made fun of. Unfortunately, this is how real UO was. As long as you were not impersonating a GM (I was banned for this in early 1999 after getting a guy for a tower, yea, a tower), or cheating, you were allowed to scam. It sucks, but it is life in this game.

2) I understand he is new, and probably isnt aware of the rules, but he can learn from them, always post trades on trading post, make sure both parties publically agree, and record the transaction. This way, if something happens, gms CAN do something about it. Losing 240k sucks, but theres been worse. When I was just a few months into the game, Felix scammed me for a neon hair dye, worth millions. I didnt post on the forums, I didnt post on IRC(though the deal was made via irc through private pms, always make your deals publically and just do it on the forums to be safe), I was jacked, but at the same time, it was my fault for trusting him (he had sold me one before a few weeks prior). Take it as a learning lesson that you only lost 240k instead of 2.4mil. It could have been worse. More importantly, you learned a lesson.

3)More information on this would be nice too, as said before. Vega is a pretty legit guy. I would vouch for him any day, probably moreso then 99% of the server when it comes to being a legit trader. But, if Vega did what he is being accused of, it sucks, and it does hurt the population. BUT, he was well within the rules, and for that we cannot fault him.

4)I only have a little bit of gold left to do an event, but Id be happy to give zeus a small house deed to get back on his feet. PM me.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

personally I'm kinda jealous of that new title....

Shard Population Nemesis: Vega

got a ring to it :)
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

All you who condone and make excuses for the scammers are even lower than the scammers themselves.

Yes, scamming is possible in UO, but conflating that with it being in any way right or acceptable is truly appalling. The lowlifes should be called out on their actions, and publicly.

(Not referring to Vega here. The OP only has 7 posts since he joined the forum on October 28th :roll: So I think we're obligated to give Vega the full benefit of the doubt here.)

Oh, and to say "everyone does it" is also a wicked distortion. I've been doing a ton of business on this shard recently and so far EVERYONE I HAVE DEALT WITH has been fair and honest and nobody once has tried to scam me. Players like Dyne, Fagabeefe, Bixby, and a slew of others. All straight up honest and pleasant in their dealings. And that's exactly the kind of culture we should be promoting instead of paving the way for cheats and scammers with retarded fkn platitudes about how "this is UO" and pretending like their actions are anything more than what they are, which is morally reprehensible.
Last edited by Li Meiyang on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

The oOo wrote: Shard Population Nemesis
Vega, please change your guild title to this...kthx. :wink:

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Apocalypse wrote:
The oOo wrote: Shard Population Nemesis
Vega, please change your guild title to this...kthx. :wink:
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Dyne

Post by Dyne »

Li Meiyang wrote:All you who condone and make excuses for the scammers are even lower than the scammers themselves.

Yes, scamming is possible in UO, but conflating that with it being in any way right or acceptable is truly appalling. The lowlifes should be called out on their actions, and publicly.

(Not referring to Vega here. The OP only has 7 posts since he joined the forum on October 28th :roll: So I think we're obligated to give Vega the full benefit of the doubt here.)

Oh, and to say "everyone does it" is also a wicked distortion. I've been doing a ton of business on this shard recently and so far EVERYONE I HAVE DEALT WITH has been fair and honest and nobody once has tried to scam me. Players like Dyne, Fagabeefe, Bixby, and a slew of others. All straight up honest and pleasant in their dealings. And that's exactly the kind of culture we should be promoting instead of paving the way for cheats and scammers with retarded fkn platitudes about how "this is UO" and pretending like their actions are anything more than what they are, which is morally reprehensible.
I full agree with this...Just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean its the right thing to do, but you gotta also figure, most of these guys would be out raping women and killing people if they wouldn't get in trouble for it. It's the type of person that UO brings, the people that have nicer tendencies are on other games such as WoW or on server's that are roleplaying or trammellized. It's just the way it is and probably why the population is down to 200, but let them play how they want, soon enough there will be noone left to scam except each other, then they will realize they are either done with UO and wanted to ruin it for everyone else before they quit anyway or that maybe they should have helped the next guy instead of scamming him and they would still be playing.