Fightnight

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
The Shaker

Fightnight

Post by The Shaker »

Hey.

Was thinking about trying to arrange a fightnight/pvp-night.
Its no big deal really, just wanna try to get some oldies and old guilds back for the event to have some nice action for a specific night and time (not that the pvp is bad anyway, but it can always get better).

Anyone who's been on some other, now dead, t2a-shards will be familiair with it.
Basically we just decide a date, preferably a few weeks from now, and everyone tries to get as many people online as possible for the time decided.
Ofcourse the aim is also to get some not-so-active-players back for the night atleast.

So basically before deciding the details i just wanna check if you think its a good idea, and if it could turn out in a good way?
Also, which day and time(+zone) would be the best?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fightnight

Post by Menkaure »

Anything to help this dying shard is a good idea. I heard about fight night n heard it was a lot of fun
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

The Shaker

Post by The Shaker »

Ahh come on. Its not dying. Such a well-built shard so im not worried about that. It will always be a top-choice for most active UO-players even though they might try other shards for some time, just to find out they're simply not as good :)

But anyway. Back on topic.
I guess sunday is the best day. Im thinking somewhere arount 11pm UK-time, which would be 7(?)pm US Eastern time.
Is there any time more suitable than that?

And yea, the ones i've attended have been awesome.

Sin Cloud

Post by Sin Cloud »

Sounds interesting.. maybe some older guilds, along with some newer guilds will come out and wreak havoc. I'll keep an eye on this thread..

The Shaker

Post by The Shaker »

Where would be a good place to have it at?
Usually when we've done this before we've used Wrong entrance area (inbetween mountains), deciet or buxx.

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Cool idea, I support this.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

The Shaker wrote:Ahh come on. Its not dying. Such a well-built shard so im not worried about that. It will always be a top-choice for most active UO-players even though they might try other shards for some time, just to find out they're simply not as good :)But anyway. Back on topic.
I guess sunday is the best day. Im thinking somewhere arount 11pm UK-time, which would be 7(?)pm US Eastern time.

That was very well said. If you care about pixels and things UOSA prob isnt a good place for you. But if you are into actual gameplay ,go feel the other main option out there and tell me if you have fun. Absolutely terrible,,,good post

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Lambo wrote:
The Shaker wrote:Ahh come on. Its not dying. Such a well-built shard so im not worried about that. It will always be a top-choice for most active UO-players even though they might try other shards for some time, just to find out they're simply not as good :)But anyway. Back on topic.

That was very well said. If you care about pixels and things UOSA prob isnt a good place for you. But if you are into actual gameplay ,go feel the other main option out there and tell me if you have fun. Absolutely terrible,,,good post
Whether you think its dying or not, pop went from 700s in march to what? 300-350 now? Gameplay is great, it has nothing to do with game play, pixels or anything like that, IMO, it just sometimes wears out the fun after a while.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

pollycracker89
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by pollycracker89 »

Two thumbs up. Count me in!

<chainsoar> pancakes you're the craziest person here

[14:48] <@Mammoth> You can trade in game warez for pumpkin pies

Jay

Post by Jay »

Stop being a negative nancy menk! You scoundrel :P Long after you're dead and gone newbies and vets alike will still be here... trash talking, looting and making excuses! UOSA Forever!

Is this supposed to be just an all out free for all battle? If so wouldn't the Brit GY be the best place for it?

Also.. UOSA! UOSA! UOSA!

farnk

Post by farnk »

i will let my mYm folks know about this when a date is set. already spoke to woozyrargar about coming back to play with me and he's down. fwerp im sure will be in aswell.

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Menkaure wrote:
Lambo wrote:

Whether you think its dying or not, pop went from 700s in march to what? 300-350 now? Gameplay is great, it has nothing to do with game play, pixels or anything like that, IMO, it just sometimes wears out the fun after a while.
We all understand there are many reasons people are not playing. But I know when people come into this forum and see people spamming "server is dead" then they are less likely to give it a shot. Best thing anyone can do for this server is have a positive attitude about it and just play. I'm sure a lot of people log in and see the pop low thus they don't take time to play. If 20 people do that a night that's 20 less players. We obviously have a lot of issues and frustration.

It was just nice to see someone have a positive outlook on the server so I commended him for that. In a way he might be absolutely correct, I logged in UOSA a couple days after ipy2 launched and there was 215 clients....... it peaked back to 800 this past summer 2 years later.

Populus

Post by Populus »

farnk wrote:i will let my mYm folks know about this when a date is set. already spoke to woozyrargar about coming back to play with me and he's down. fwerp im sure will be in aswell.
Tell Woozy he sucks at actually playing.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

killaboy

Post by killaboy »

I'm in sounds like a fun time!
-Ursula/// Est time zone

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

farnk

Post by farnk »

Populus wrote:
farnk wrote:i will let my mYm folks know about this when a date is set. already spoke to woozyrargar about coming back to play with me and he's down. fwerp im sure will be in aswell.
Tell Woozy he sucks at actually playing.
he already knows ;]