Stealing Success Chances seem Very Difficult

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Eaglestaff

Stealing Success Chances seem Very Difficult

Post by Eaglestaff »

I first noticed something was off when I was macroing and I hardly ever successfully stole the item. I got it up to 95 and decided I'd go try it out. I end up getting guard whacked literally eight times out of the first ten. I was building a bard/thief and I don't want to need gm stealing. I ran into someone today who told me he had 91 stealing and I watched him get whacked about 4 or 5 times in a row. He said that it's been significantly skewed for him and I told him that hes not alone Is anyone else in the 90's and having this much trouble? Ill see If I can dig up some formal data on it.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Stealing Success Chances seem Very Difficult

Post by RoadKill »

Stealing in town is a bad idea. Half the time if you do succeed, someone will see that you stole and say guards.

I use my thief outside of town all the time, the only time I go to town is to bank my loot or get ressed. You will find it much easier, and more profitable to steal outside of town
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Eaglestaff wrote:I first noticed something was off when I was macroing and I hardly ever successfully stole the item. I got it up to 95 and decided I'd go try it out. I end up getting guard whacked literally eight times out of the first ten. I was building a bard/thief and I don't want to need gm stealing. I ran into someone today who told me he had 91 stealing and I watched him get whacked about 4 or 5 times in a row. He said that it's been significantly skewed for him and I told him that hes not alone Is anyone else in the 90's and having this much trouble? Ill see If I can dig up some formal data on it.
Its not just about stealing skill. don't steal so close to NPCs

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The number of people in view significantly increases your chance of failure.