Resisting Spells problem.....

Topics related to Second Age
Excretious
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Resisting Spells problem.....

Post by Excretious »

Hi everyone, kinda hoping to get some input on just what I should be expecting with GM resist. Ive got a 100/100/25 swordsmen with GM RESIST wearing a dex suit fighting liches. I was fighting alongside another warrior named "Nugget" who claimed he had resist "in the 90's"

I was absolutely being brutalized by poison, eb's, explosions and flamestrikes. I told the guy "Gm resist sucks lol" and he replied that he never wouldve guessed i had 100 resist because of the damage i was taking. This guy was swinging an axe with no shield and his health never fell below 90%. I, on the other hand, have parry and a shield and i almost died twice due to the magic damage.

I got poisoned 4 times in a row last night and was like "F*** this, im posting on the forums"

Just what kinda damage should i be expecting to receive? Does gm resist mean i only have like a 50-50 chance to resist any spell? The amount I get poisoned and para'd just does not seem right. I thought it was like near impossible to poison someone with gm resist 4 times in a row.

Curious to hear what others have to say. Im wondering if my character is bugged.

Thanks

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Resisting Spells problem.....

Post by Menkaure »

Well for starters I am 98% sure you cant resist a paralyze. Secondly, poison should be resisted a little more, but, again, it all depends on variables.
If I am pvping someone and they cast flamestrike on me (a 7th circle spell) and I have 100 resist, I THINK my % chance to resist it is 54% or something close to that. The lower the spell and the other persons magery, the lower the chance of resist is. TBH, what you state last night is common, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you dont.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

folo

Post by folo »

You're a victim of statistics/bad luck. Fight 50 more liches along with "nugget" and I can assure you that your average received damage would be pretty much the same.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Liches can be nasty sometimes.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Zandas

Post by Zandas »

I somewhat recently GMed my resist on my warrior and have been destroying liches for a while. I gotta agree with Nugget.. Dang! I get poisoned and paralyzed often but I never really get under 40-50% at the worst of times. I begin healing immediately when I take any Dmg mostly because I am paranoid about being ganked by PINK BOOTS. Keep it up, maybe a faster silver weapon would be better for you. I use just one handed anything silver... even ruin and I rip those suckers apart :P

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Zandas wrote: I begin healing immediately when I take any Dmg mostly because I am paranoid about being ganked by PINK BOOTS.
:lol:
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Zwackelzahn

Post by Zwackelzahn »

Liches vary in strength... most are "relatively" weak and a few are tough compared to their weaker cousins...
what you experience is normal and you just got owned by a few of the tougher ones while nugget fought the weaker versions...