What monsters yield reflect items?

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

What monsters yield reflect items?

Post by Budner »

Ya know ..... hats, clothes, jewelry, etc. What do I have to kill to get reflect items?

Freight Elevator

Re: What monsters yield reflect items?

Post by Freight Elevator »

I believe those only come from dungeon chests or t-maps. I don't think I've ever pulled out any tele or reflect item from farming.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

LPing has the most reflect... second to ettins on roads.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Sin Cloud

Post by Sin Cloud »

Mobs only drop invis items.. and no rings, just clothing/jewelry.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Lockpicking is the way to go. Tele rings and spell reflect man all day.
I wish I had a LPer.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Greenhell

Post by Greenhell »

This is only in regards to dungeon chests, as I recently brought a LP from 95 to gm. Took quite a bit longer than I expected, Ive done hundreds of runs at this point (I've kept doing them since gm I kinda like em). There seems to be about 14 spawn points for the level 4's, tho some points will occasionally spawn more than one lvl4 chest at a time. I use separate bags for the loot from the lvl4 chests and the lvl3's that may be in the same area (lvl 3 and under spawn arrows or bolts, lvl 4's never contain them). Here are some random things I've noticed.

Reflect spawns on jewelry and clothing, and only from lvl4's. Teleport spawns on rings only, and only from lvl4's. Invis spawns on jewelry and clothing, and will spawn in 3's or 4's, but more commonly in 4's. Frustratingly enough, rings will also spawn with low charges of invis in lvl 4's.

Refelect and teleport items spawn very rarely. I can sometimes go 6 or 7 full runs without getting one (over 50 chests). Thankfully invis is a bit more common. I'd say a full 99% of all jewelry and clothing items are trash, and 90% of that is Night Eyes, the rest is Cunning and Evil, junk like that. Weapons and Armour are a bit better, because you have different grades between 'leave on the ground' and sellable. Plenty of Force and Hardening, occasional Power and Fort, Extremely rare Vanqs (I think I scored 1 vanq war axe in all the runs). Lower mod weapons with charges (D.Breath, G.Touch) are common in both the 3's and 4's. I was a bit luckier with armour, and scored some nice Inv tunics of pretty much all types, in both lvl 3 and 4 chests.

Tmaps spawn with what seems a bit less frequency than the reflect/tele items. They can be level 1-5 maps, so your haul on a run can vary wildly. I take all items from the chests, I ID and trash about 99% of the magic items, sell the scrolls via sell agent, drink the potions and sell the bottles. A typical run is between 4-6k in gold all said and done. However, with a little luck it can go much much higher.

For example, one run I got a level 5 map, a great 30k+ reflect item (hat 76 charges) and some nice invis pieces. So that one 10min run farmed out to roughly 60k or so. But of course, the 10 runs before that I got about 5k apiece lol. So, it's a crap shoot.

Anyway, just random thoughts before work. Just know LP'ing is not a reflect/tele free-for-all like some people think it is. It's literally 99% trash and .5% good stuff/.5% holy shit! stuff. But it's that last 1% that can keeps it interesting. Well, that and EQ'ing other LPers looting your chests heh.

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Good post .

In case anyone is wondering about the drop rates for reflect in MIBs I recently did 875 which only produced 11 total reflect items.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

farnk

Post by farnk »

Reflect and invis items are for pussies anyway. FEAR NOT DEATH!!!!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Lambo wrote:Good post .

In case anyone is wondering about the drop rates for reflect in MIBs I recently did 875 which only produced 11 total reflect items.
:shock: Dude....Dude....875? We will be keeping an eye on thee, thou art on crack.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:

:shock: Dude....Dude....875? We will be keeping an eye on thee, thou art on crack.
Lol if you have a good system it takes very little time. Could pull up 60-80 an hour. Putting in cords and organizing the loot is what takes up the bulk of the time.

darkmalus

Post by darkmalus »

Budner I DGAF what anyone else says I know this to be true because as a nub I farmed and as a nub I wanted to be a lord. I have never gotten reflect items off of any other monster then Ancient wyrms. Ancient wyrms have dropped reflect items for me at least a dozen or so times in the 3 years I have played this server. Not a very good drop rate I know but I dont spend every minute I have killing monsters in game. A lot of ppl I think know this but dont want to share the info. Good luck!

Greenhell

Post by Greenhell »

Holy shit Lambo lol. Much respect for the system you worked out tho. What do you do with all the paintings ??

The numbers seem right on the money as far as what I've seen, too. Somewhere far below 1%. Forgot to mention in my post some semi-valuable stuff like Blessing and Protection charge stuff is pretty common. Good source of solid charged staves and wands too if anyone doesn't feel like lich'ing for em.

As for the Ancient Wyrm drops, it's an interesting post. I wouldn't deny anyone saying they looting reflect/tele off Wyrms, they seem to have a better chance for higher end weps/armor and maps, so I wouldn't be surprised that they have access to some other high-end stuff as well. Interesting stuff :)

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

I just have an agent that puts all the shipwreckage in a pouch. MIBs are really overlooked as they can make you a lot of $$ quickly if you do it correctly. Its also relatively risk free and not as time consuming as level 5 tmaps.

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

farnk wrote:Reflect and invis items are for pussies anyway. FEAR NOT DEATH!!!!

That's why Lambo ALWAYS carries them...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

What about tmap chests?
Also, is level 4 boxs the highest the lper can pick? Or is there a level 5?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish