razor options/light levels

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

razor options/light levels

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

On uog divinity they disabled the razor ability to disable light levels and the ability to auto open doors is that possible here? I hope so because i always liked casting nightsight
i remember turning up the brightness on my screen to see in deceit back in t2a

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: razor options/light levels

Post by Hemperor »

I won't go into details but I have talked to Zippy and Derrick about disabling certain features, both said it was possible in their own way, Derrick's of course being the better route...however derrick is afraid it would further encourage more 3rd party programs and he does have a point.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

I think in the long run it would be better if we used the new methods that RunUO finally provided to disable all the Razor functions server side. However, like Hemp said there are some major disadvantages to this approach that would more than likely flood in other 3rd party apps such as EUO. I don't think this should happen untill a few things are done about that first. Also, the functions that should be disabled are simply all of them that didn't exist in the 3rd party apps during this particular era. For example, any function in Razor that existed with UOE, UOP, and UOA should stay put for accuracy.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Well honestly, I don't see it being much of an issue other than people using EUO in pvp (if the features that should be disabled, were). People that want to use EUO to resource gather etc. are going to do it either way. The staff have been doing an excellent job at catching these people and taking the appropriate actions, I feel sorry for the guys that got lazy and chose that route.

However, there isn't even much you could do in PVP here with EUO other than possibly chain explode pots non stop...which is easily catchable. I for one would love to see filters, auto-open doors, agents, macros set to hotkeys etc. gone along with the implementation of a lifetime IP ban if you are ever caught with any sort of 3rd party program.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

third party stuff is all gay imo

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

You can do perfect syncs with Razor.

Solution? Disable guild chat (Guild chat isn't even T2A accurate)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

RoadKill wrote:You can do perfect syncs with Razor.

Solution? Disable guild chat (Guild chat isn't even T2A accurate)
nah..all the big guilds are using vent anyways, that would just completley gimp people that don't have a server etc.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Well Guild chat isn't T2A accurate and *should go*. The fact that it can be used to 'script' pvp is another good reason for it to go.
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I dont believe the party function is t2a either. Could have been late t2a I guess. Our guild uses guild chat a lot, but we arent pvp'ers. Any serious pvper is on vent. Hemps actually right here, all you do is gimp those that dont like or have vent.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

I agree with Stranger on this, I'm in a guild and we are mainly crafters and we use guild chat all the time...taking guild chat out would affect us greatly.

Senses

Post by Senses »

If you are relying on guild chat to script pvp...seriously, do you people really not have microphones and vent yet? This is the only game i have ever played where so many people are averse to the concept of voice chat.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Senses wrote:If you are relying on guild chat to script pvp...seriously, do you people really not have microphones and vent yet? This is the only game i have ever played where so many people are averse to the concept of voice chat.
I'm not against voice chat at all. My point is this:

In Vent, even with decent ping, it's up to the casters to click their target at the same time. With guild chat, all they have to do is get the target set (easy w/ scrolling target via hotkey), precast a spell and wait for their caller to hit the "DROP" macro. Many shards ban EUO because of people using these types of scripts.

Guilds should use the ingame chat system perhaps, as that was what they were meant to use during T2A (or IRC, which most of us ended up using instead of the ingame chat system back then)

Final statement: Guild Chat is so far out of era it's not even funny, I quit OSI/EA shards in late 2002 and guild chat wasn't even an option then.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

RoadKill wrote:
Senses wrote:If you are relying on guild chat to script pvp...seriously, do you people really not have microphones and vent yet? This is the only game i have ever played where so many people are averse to the concept of voice chat.
I'm not against voice chat at all. My point is this:

In Vent, even with decent ping, it's up to the casters to click their target at the same time. With guild chat, all they have to do is get the target set (easy w/ scrolling target via hotkey), precast a spell and wait for their caller to hit the "DROP" macro. Many shards ban EUO because of people using these types of scripts.

Guilds should use the ingame chat system perhaps, as that was what they were meant to use during T2A (or IRC, which most of us ended up using instead of the ingame chat system back then)

Final statement: Guild Chat is so far out of era it's not even funny, I quit OSI/EA shards in late 2002 and guild chat wasn't even an option then.
I now see what you are saying, you didn't make this clear in your first statement...However, this could also be done with Razor currently.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Remove Party Chat
Remove Guild Chat

You can use Ventrilo/Skype/TS or download UOAM and type using -- through that if you wanna communicate, which is what was used during those days. As well as IRC channels, which most of the shard uses already. Otherwise, that makes doing more things in game and more activity something you will see a lot.

One player having to physically be in front of the other to communicate ... old school in a nutshell ...

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Hemperor wrote:
I now see what you are saying, you didn't make this clear in your first statement...However, this could also be done with Razor currently.
Which is why I suggest removing guild chat. The other option would be making it so guild chat didn't come through as a SYS MES (which they did on Divinity I think, not to name names) - of course why fix something that's out of era to be properly functioning-out-of-era?

We have several perks as it is that we will never seen removed, but autosyncing shouldn't be one of them (remember when it was hard playing mages cause you had to target the actual PLAYER, and not their lifebar and/or scroll through targets). I'm not looking to go back to extreme basics here, but I am asking for something exploitable like that to be changed :)