Re: What is a PK?

Post by Ulfrigg »

A player that kills other players :) The Word Pk= Player Killer

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Hehe is this your first time playing ultima online?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Still Standing

Post by Still Standing »

panty killer- a guy who destroys the poontang
[09:24] <@Derrick> If you donate, and you need to get bailed out of Jail in Penobscot County, Maine in the next year, I'll come get you personally.

[19:35] <Owned_By_A_Girl> No, the doctor poked me too hard.(Along with half the shard)

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Still Standing wrote:panty killer- a guy who destroys the poontang
Baaazinngg!
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

PEEKAYS! ! !

Emberdawn

Post by Emberdawn »

Aha a player who kills other players. But eh.. Why?

Emberdawn

Post by Emberdawn »

Sorry but i find it a stupid ass definition lol. It old and predates uo by years..

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

PINK BOOTS
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

farnk

Post by farnk »

I always wondered the same thing when it comes to the abbreviation "pk". It should be "bk" for blue killer or something. Then again who gives a shiet lol.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Pretty Kind people. Those with red names have built up a reputation so great Lord British has called for their heads. He is rather jealous. Tell them you are new and that you heard they will give you gold....or maybe a shield to fight skeletons. They will be ready to give you a hand immediately after saying this.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

not nightshark with auto door open
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

farnk wrote:I always wondered the same thing when it comes to the abbreviation "pk". It should be "bk" for blue killer or something. Then again who gives a shiet lol.
some pk's like to kill other pk's - if they were known as bk's then there would need to be rk's also.... A pk also doesnt need to be red - thats just a consequence of being a pk. pk covers all angles

maybe someone should make a uosa acronym list?

http://www.uoguide.com/Acronym

On another note I think I might start a new guild:

http://www.allacronyms.com/UOSA

guild objective: To flush the shit out of UOSA

Wil

Post by Wil »

Ulfrigg wrote:A player that kills other players :) The Word Pk= Player Killer
More specifically, a player who kills non-combatant players. When both players consent to battle each other, that's PvP not PK.

Emberdawn

Post by Emberdawn »

That explanation i like.

I mean a Player Killer would if it was just a player who kills other players be anyone of us even though linnie claims she would never kill a player.

Something from raph kosters site
Achiever to Killer is a very common path. Once the game’s opponents are no longer interesting, being limited by crude AI, actual other players offer a better challenge. A lot of people never want to take this step, and it’s arguable that they are driven not only by the fact that they dislike PvP, but also by the fact that they are statistically certain to lose most of the time.
Anyone find this to be right?. Its an excerpt from raph kosters site. (Designer dragon) where he discusses some theories regarding online worlds..

but i mean.. Theres many kinds..

The bored PK
- Theres the one from above. The Player who spent so much time in the world where he eventually got bored and thought it was so much more fun to kill other players..

The get rich PK
- I never believed in this pk.. I mean killing other players can supply some regs and maybe ocassionally some of the gold the player just looted from his current hunt. Like what. extreme cases must be 10 k but hey how many of those does he get in a day.

The griefer PK
- Generally a guy who has fun making other people angry. A weird kind to me actually.. But well i sorta compare em to Forum trollz.

Then theres the theory thats very common that PK´s are small people with no life who thinks theyr cool when they manage to kill other players... No doubt they are out there but who would admit to that LOL.. However. Raph has this on his site..
Third, that age, gender, and behavior are intimately related. Aggression is tightly linked with certain playstyles, including achievement. Anecdotally, many of the most aggressive players I have dealt with have been people in aggressive, confrontational, or dominant roles in real life, such as cops, lawyers, and the like. And of course, teenage males charged up on testosterone tend to drift to the aggressive roles as well. But as they age, older males tend to act more like female players do all along, losing interest in the overtly aggressive play.
"teenage males charged up on testosterone". The leet kid?..

Yes yes im on night duty again. Killing time..