Bounty Board - Max posted

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Bounty Board - Max posted

Post by RoadKill »

I kinda remember the bounty boards on OSI only posting the Top 20 Murderers based on their bounty. On UOSA we currently have no limit it seems.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Faust

Re: Bounty Board - Max posted

Post by Faust »

This is very true.

Red

Post by Red »

Currently I think the order of the names on the list comes from kill count, when I think it should be bounty.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I decided to siphon through all of my UO research to find the bounty board information and finally found it.

It was actually capped at 25 bounties instead of the 20 that was mentioned above. I also found some interesting information that was quite surprising on the stratics '99 web site. Bounties were in fact based on short term counts unlike it being based off from long terms counts here.
Reputation FAQ: Bounties - http://web.archive.org/web/19991013001342/http://uo.stratics.com/index.html wrote: The score on the bounty board is determined by the amount of short-term murder counts. So a murderer with 2 short-term murder counts and 100gp bounty will rank higher than a murderer with 1 short-term and 5 long-term murder counts and 10.000gp bounty.
The stratics site in the reference above lists the pictures that I have in my research folder. It has the single left clicked bounty message with a cap of 25 bounties. The bounty board gump with the listed bounties and a single bounty opened up.

I know the URL above won't take you straight to the article itself. You will have to search for "bounties" in the left frame window to get to the exact location for all of this.