Tmappers attention!

Topics related to Second Age
liinniejj

Tmappers attention!

Post by liinniejj »

again tmappers not destroying chest (I'm looking at you Tom Foolery)

Please people put an axe on yer chests;) Especially when you like to leave yer tmap with yer name behind

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Apocalypse

Re: Tmappers attention!

Post by Apocalypse »

Since this was brought up, and I've recently been working on a cartographer, I was wondering what the consensus was on when to axe the chest (i.e. - when do I know that no more monsters will spawn?). I had never been a tmapper in the past, but decided to give it a go and I recall people complaining about others not destroying the chests so I made sure I did it when I was out, but part of me was wondering if I axed it too soon and, had I waited a few more mins, would another monster or two have spawned? Anyway, just curious since we were on the topic. Any advice or suggestions from you tmap vets?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Once you've killed the original spawn, move a few loot items around and cycle the map (just re-dragging it in the container over and over). Cycling the map is usually 50-60% of the spawn. Once you keep cycling and nothing comes, grab your lewts and chop chop. I don't chop because I saw Linda complaining about this a while ago. So, you probably should do exactly the opposite of what I'm doing.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

just record moving an item in the chest then let that loop for a few minutes while you kill whatever you 'milk' out of it standing beside the chest:) if you just dont get any spawn anymore for a while axe it and go :)

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Degamra

Post by Degamra »

liinniejj wrote:just record moving an item in the chest then let that loop for a few minutes while you kill whatever you 'milk' out of it standing beside the chest:) if you just dont get any spawn anymore for a while axe it and go :)
I was not aware you could cycle/move stuff around. Don't you get 100% of the spawn out of the chest by dry looting the whole thing?

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

liinniejj wrote:just record moving an item in the chest then let that loop for a few minutes while you kill whatever you 'milk' out of it standing beside the chest:) if you just dont get any spawn anymore for a while axe it and go :)

milk out of it standing beside the chest :oops: <3

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Degamra wrote:
I was not aware you could cycle/move stuff around. Don't you get 100% of the spawn out of the chest by dry looting the whole thing?
You can kinda control the spawn. What I do on 4-5 is, after the chest pops, I kill the initial spawn, drop a
loot bag/box whatever in the chest. Then load it from within the chest, most times something will spawn while you do this or by just moving items around in the chest will cause faster spawning. As you say you dry loot it, you are making it
spawn faster by removing items to [your] backpack.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Don't axe the chest and there will be less competition, lower map prices.