MIB/SOS

Moderator: Support Moderators

Jdq5001

MIB/SOS

Post by Jdq5001 »

does anyone have a link to some info on these?
also i think the fishing page on t2a wiki is bogus

Jdq5001

Re: MIB/SOS

Post by Jdq5001 »

bymp

Waldo

Post by Waldo »

Not sure if this will be any help or not but here a thread on fishing. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4214
Not knowing what parts of the wiki page you dont agree with, I'll just give my opinion on it (sorry I know nobody ask for it)
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=Fishing

Prize fish, Wonderous Fish, Truly Rare Fish and Highly Peculiar Fish do not require 80 skill to catch there more like footwear, you'll see them less at GM fishing then working 65-80 skill.
About 1 MIB per hour..seems ok average rate over several hours/days of fishing. 280 cast per hour is off you can get closer to 400 cast per hour.

Jdq5001

Post by Jdq5001 »

thats what i meant i could just tell it was flawed because i've been getting wonderous fish....

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

with regards to fishing, I heard someone tell that the 8x8 method of raising skills doesnt work. Naturally the best way to do 8x8 was at sea, but I also used to use the 8x8 for fishing catches, and used to find I could haul up quite a few sea serpents from 1 spot and then move 8 squares and repeat. Naturally this meant getting quite a few MiBs.

So if 8x8 skill raising doesnt work on this shard, can anyone tell me if the 8x8 method of catching stuff works or not too.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Slaine wrote:with regards to fishing, I heard someone tell that the 8x8 method of raising skills doesnt work. Naturally the best way to do 8x8 was at sea, but I also used to use the 8x8 for fishing catches, and used to find I could haul up quite a few sea serpents from 1 spot and then move 8 squares and repeat. Naturally this meant getting quite a few MiBs.

So if 8x8 skill raising doesnt work on this shard, can anyone tell me if the 8x8 method of catching stuff works or not too.
8X8 for skill gain was the player response to an anti-macro provision broght in by EA in late 99 or early 2000 which turned skill gains in an area into a "resource" like mining or lumberjacking. The similarity lies in that all resource "tiles" are 8x8 land times wide. We do not have this anti-macro code, (or power-hour which was introduced at the same time) so fishing, till you run out, moving 8 tiles forward and fishing again does work, but you don't actually need to move to gain skill.

On the Wiki. These are all player made, or stratics guides. If they are found to be incorrect, please edit.

Return to “New Player Help”