afk fishing...........

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: afk fishing...........

Post by Budner »

Li Meiyang wrote:Yeah I had the Fuzz drop by for a visit on my boat today. I mean come on, I'm just starting out a new fisherman cuz i forgot the account name for my old one. Anyway i was present and was like "Whazzup dog?" when Smokey pulled me over.

Then there was this other dude on my boat who wasn't do nothing, not macroing, just frkn standing there. But Jackie Gleason wanted him to speak anyway, so he was all like "OK, what up bitch?"

Man who wanna AFK anyway? No me bro, those sea serpents will mess yo' shit up! And pirates yo!

Like fishermen didn't already have enough to worry about. :roll:

Oh yeah... and those jackie gleason GM revenuer types!@

(Do I need to offer him a bribe next time, is that was this is about?)

Well my only concern is that sometimes I have to do something, like poop. SO I stop the macro, but the GM don't seem to realize we're not fishing.

So I started a macro saying "I'm AFK but I'm not macroing right now."

But that's bullshit cuz I am macroing, I'm macroing saying that!! So what should I do to protect myself from GM brutality?

I suppose GM's don't ever poop, huh? :roll:
That is hilarious. It is like Breaking Bad dialogue in UO.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Yeah I've been downloading the Breaking Bad series recently.... All 5 seasons over the past month or so. So that could be rubbing off. Also I was loaded when I wrote that, luckily that GM didn't give me a sobriety test. :P

So I'm just joking, I think the rule is reasonable. Just so long as they make sure I'm fishing, cuz I have turn off the macro and be AFK on my boat sometimes.

Hey I've got another question. I've been FMAO and am at 92 fishing, but haven't pulled up a single treasure map yet. Wiki says they're supposed to come at 90 skill, so shouldn't I have a bunch of T-maps by now?

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

I don't think a few hours in jail is enough of a deterrent. And banning accounts is so extreme.... I was just thinking a more suitable punitive measure would be to shave a few points off their fishing skill.

So if the GM fisherman gets busted for AFK resource gathering, his fishing skills gets dropped to 97, which means no more MiBs for a quite a while. And if he AFK macrofishes again, BAM it drops down another 3 to 94 -deeper and deeper into hole until he can't even fish up T-Maps.

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

the wiki is clear in that you start havign a chance to fish up tmaps at 90 skill it is still random just like it will be at gm skill

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I started fishing up maps at 94. I'm going to have to say 90-94 doesn't fish them up just by how common I get them at 94+.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Yeah 93 fishing and still nada.

I seem to remember this from my old fishing characters as well.

So either the chances of fishing up a t-map are infinitessimally remote below 94 or the game algorithym is wrong or the wiki page is wrong. It's got to be one or the other or the other.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

93.4 and still T-mapless.

I've gotta pause the macro because I'm gonna be AFK for a while and I wouldn't want Barney Fife and Roscoe P. Coletrain and all those guys rolling up me. So I'm gonna pause the macro while I buy liquor and drink it on the street like a good law abiding citizen.

Of UOSA not actual society.

If and when I return home, I'll restart the macro and count how many casts it takes beyond 94 to churn up a T-map. I bet it won't be long, because i bet the previous poster is right. There's no chance of turning up a T-map before 94. I've got two chars, one at 93.5 and another at 91.6, neither having so much as tasted hide nor hair of T-map. I don't know how many thousands of casts that is, but I'd conservatively estimate it to be a shit-ton.

Which means either the wiki-page or the game should be changed, depending on which is error.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Ok, it turns out it was the first possibility.... infinitessimally small chance of finding a Tmap in the low 90s.

The char on the left has gone from 90 - 93.6 with nothing.

But my second char pulled one up at 91.8. So it can happen, but the odds are like 1 in 5000 something.
Attachments
uotmapfish.JPG

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Think this has spun off topic but hey, I'll chime in.

The odds of getting a map between 90-100 seem substantially less than when you're at GM (though you'll get a hell of a lot more leather than a GM). Don't worry, once you have them at GM you'll soon be swimming in more maps than you can do/get rid of!
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Yeah sorry to get off target. This thread's about AFK Fishing, not fishing in general.

Regarding the leather, I don't get too excited about it. I think I could gather more leather in 10 minutes of harvesting in Delucia than I could with hours and hours of fishing. I have a GM Tailor, but I've found it makes more sense just to sell the shoes directly to the cobbler for all the difference it makes.

To get back on topic, I AFK'd last night! Well I passed out from exhaustion without turning off the macro. But I got my commupance because a seaserpent killed both my fisherman and whatever resources they had pulled up decayed on their bodies.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

please dont ever admit to being afk. you always have the right to remain silent.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Yeah, I just totally incriminated myself, didn't I? Probably had something to do with the sleeping pill and all the liquor I drank whilst watching a blue screen go plop every 8.8 seconds for hours on end. I think just about anyone would pass out under those circumstances.

And I was drooling on the keyboard, so technically that's not really "AFK".

I plead complete and utter insanity. :lol:

t0xyg3n

Post by t0xyg3n »

Why is AFK fishing such a grievous offense? Why is AFK buying every reg on the shard perfectly acceptable?

Try to justify it without an arbitrary reason, e.g. there are 8 regs and fish live in the sea. This is true, but doesn't explain the core justification.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Smokey just rolled up on me again :P

I almost didn't see him though, cuz I've usually got most of the screen covered by either a browser window or a video player. Last time they checked up the GM appeared on the back (SE) of the boat, this time tho NE of the mast. Luckily I happened to open the UO window fully to check in on my character , otherwise I wouldn't have seen him.

I didn't realize it was a GM either, cuz he looked like a ghost. So at first I thought it was some ghost who logged out on that spot on another boat and waited for that exact moment for me to stop there for him to log in (Otherwise he would have been cast to shore). So I was gonna ask him if he needed to be rezzed, but then I thought maybe this was some trick to loot my boat. Then I thought some more about how about ridiculously difficult this would be to pull off, and decided it was retarded line of reasoning. Then I realized it was a GM.

If it's not too much to ask though I'd appreciate it if they could appear in the same place everytime, like the back of the boat. Cuz I didn't hear any sound effects this time. I fish facing north, cuz the last time the GM showed up on the south end stern. I realize other players fish in other directions (though north is the most common from what I've seen). And I keep the UO window split on the left side of my screen. And I know other people do things differently, so if there was some standard I find a way to work with it.
Last edited by Li Meiyang on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

t0xyg3n wrote:Why is AFK fishing such a grievous offense? Why is AFK buying every reg on the shard perfectly acceptable?
They should ban this too IMHO. All unnattended resource gathering should be prohibitted, including buying regs.

The only difference is that they're "buying" instead "gathering", but it's more like gatherbuying, or would be if that word existed.

Well guess what, it does NOW :!: :P