When an explanation is not a QQ

Topics related to Second Age
Timelord

When an explanation is not a QQ

Post by Timelord »

I'm not sure why explaining why UOSA doesn't work and explaining the very obvious dynamics of this shard is automatically QQ'ing... but as I walk out the door I'll just give a quick explanation to the kids why I'm done and why there's only 300 people on UOSA, and one of the reasons why you can't get more. (Besides the fact most of us live in the 21st century where Final Fantasy 14 just got released)

I know you 10 or 12 kids who rule this shard are having fun, and why wouldn't you. Owning every inch of real estate and billions of gold and killing the few trying to eek out a minor existence is fun. I know because I did it 20 years ago. I remember when owning a house meant you had the key to the front door. Period. That's it. No double clicking the sign... I remember when a bunch of people found out that if you recalled twice and alt-f4'd you would double whatever you had on you. I ran on a shard called Siege Perilous for years because it was very much like UOSA. The difference was it was tens of thousands of players. Dozens of guilds. Here there's 2 or 3 guilds and 6 reds that rule the entire thing. There's no community of good to fight the bad. 99.8% of the players are evil.

The simple fact is when I say dungeon crawling got old and the community is lacking, it's just a fact. There's only 3 or 4 high-level areas to farm and plus, I've done it all. Most of the people you would try to attract to this shard have. I'm not saying we want to automatically be rich, we just want what more than what this shard offers. A community of good people to hang out with and a chance to own more than tiny houses.

Anyway I'm off to the land of graphics and, you know, people. Like I said at the start explaining the situation here is almost impossible, the couple of guilds who rule here will automatically call it crying. It's not that at all it was fun for like a year it made me remember my early 20's. But with no hope of growing and less than 10 decent people on the shard to spend time with, I hate to say it but it does get old.

Good luck and have fun!

memememe

Re: When an explanation is not a QQ

Post by memememe »

I don't represent any type of rich or elite body of this community at all, and I too think you're just crying.
Face it, this isn't the type of game for you, it's not us, it's not the server, it's you! If it wasn't apparent before, it got obvious when you mentioned FFXIV.
This isn't a carebear server. And unless something really bad happens, it won't ever be.
But honestly, how can you even complain about it being "hard" here? You can farm the gold for a current market price tower in less than a month! A week or 2 if you really put your mind to it.

I have no clue what your issues are really. Gold is easy to come by, there are enough warring guilds that in some form or other represent "good" if you want to fight the "evil" people. Heck, all it would take would be 2-3 like minded people, which I'm sure would be easy enough to find if you play during US primetime.
On the other hand, if you don't enjoy PvP there is a 99.5% safe method to avoid any and all ganks, meaning you can enjoy pretty much every area of the world without fear of death.

Seriously, you don't make one valid point, not one.
If you enjoy the sandbox, "evil" people, gold farming, the housing market, "elite allconsuming guilds" and what not don't matter in the slightest. And if you don't enjoy the sandbox... well then nothing will ever make you enjoy it.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Most of the people on this shard like/love to pvp. When a game is as old is this, pvming gets boring quick, and the last/highest end game fight style is pvp, lets face it. Not to mention, this is an era when you were not penalized that bad for murders (8hours per kill count is nothing). So maybe it is you, maybe you just miss the OLD UO, where there were 10k people, and some pvpmd, some pvpd, and some were anti pks. But, this isnt it. This is a shard that replicates the era, not the experience. Its up to YOU to replicate your experience. If your sick of the pks, make a guild of anti pks, learn how to fight, pick up a halberd and get cracking. You complaining about money is the lawls though, its like you said, 300 people on this shard. 300 people are somehow stopping you from getting rich? The truth is, from what it sounded like in other posts, your upset you didnt get a freebie from the idoc and your bored of dungeon crawling. I made 100/2.5 hours on my bard, its really easy.
But, like mememe said, this isnt the game for you, so either go back to real UO where its trammy heaven, or find another 300 population server that youll just end up quitting due to the lack of people and lack of your skill.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

SirPsychoSexy

Post by SirPsychoSexy »

I actually agree with Timelord.

Although I am a part of one of the more active guilds, other than our guild war PvP there isn't f-ck all to do on here. I refuse to ever farm again. IT is that mind numbing. Luckily there is AFK reg buying and other ways to make money, although people like Biggie have basically killed all profit in that arena.

Good luck Timelord.
Reg Vendor located at Yealena's Trading Post
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=50712

IRC: SirPsycho

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

SirPsychoSexy wrote:I actually agree with Timelord.

Although I am a part of one of the more active guilds, other than our guild war PvP there isn't f-ck all to do on here. I refuse to ever farm again. IT is that mind numbing. Luckily there is AFK reg buying and other ways to make money, although people like Biggie have basically killed all profit in that arena.

Good luck Timelord.
But isnt that UO in general? I mean seriously, other then pvp, what the freak was UO fun for? Crafting was boring, and Pvming in UO was like killing a puppy dog. Way too easy. So, yea thats why 98% of the population pvps/pks, its because UO, as a game (not the server) is just boring. It was made in 1997, so you gotta remember this is before the age of gaming came into play, the mobs are just stupid.
Now, I will say this, if these new wonderful, and smart, intelligent, beautiful GMs could somehow talk Derrick into bringing back events like capture the flag, last man standing and tournaments, I think we would all be singinga different tune right now. Because, those were the SHIZNIZZZLE!! :)
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Timelord, stop crying.

How many "quit" posts are you gonna make before you leave
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Most of the richest here got that way through AFK means... that's the only part worth complaining about.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Ohm wrote:Timelord, stop crying.

How many "quit" posts are you gonna make before you leave
Next post:

When a post titled "When an explanation is not a QQ" is not a QQ.

;)
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

i dont get it myself like im by no means rich but i can afford regs and still regularly farm LL with my dexxers i still find it fun
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

I'm most outraged over having to google what QQ means.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Ozzy wrote:I'm most outraged over having to google what QQ means.
Please share. I refused to google it. I feel so unhip, not knowing.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

Budner wrote:
its what all the house sellers do when you see you typed sb :P (cry)
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

Sadistik wrote:
Budner wrote:
its what all the house sellers do when you see you typed sb :P (cry)
Yup, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QQ . Image.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Menkaure wrote:

Good luck Timelord.
But isnt that UO in general? I mean seriously, other then pvp, what the freak was UO fun for? Crafting was boring, and Pvming in UO was like killing a puppy dog. Way too easy. So, yea thats why 98% of the population pvps/pks, its because UO, as a game (not the server) is just boring. It was made in 1997, so you gotta remember this is before the age of gaming came into play, the mobs are just stupid.
Now, I will say this, if these new wonderful, and smart, intelligent, beautiful GMs could somehow talk Derrick into bringing back events like capture the flag, last man standing and tournaments, I think we would all be singinga different tune right now. Because, those were the SHIZNIZZZLE!! :)
Wanna go onto the grassy knoll at terathon keep with 5 melee'd Avengers chasing your ass and FS'ing your hair on fire and call them stupid? STHSTSTHTSHhhhstts Sianarra! Tttsshshshhshshsh sshththshh

haha... just messin....

PS
GTFO Timelord - stop posting. Are you Blaise?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

keelonzo wrote:
Menkaure wrote:

Good luck Timelord.
Wanna go onto the grassy knoll at terathon keep with 5 melee'd Avengers chasing your ass and FS'ing your hair on fire and call them stupid? STHSTSTHTSHhhhstts Sianarra! Tttsshshshhshshsh sshththshh

haha... just messin....

PS
GTFO Timelord - stop posting. Are you Blaise?

No, your right, there are certain spots that are a little bit of a challenge, but if geared right its hard to lose. Think about it. Carry invis item, pots, and its almost impossible to die. I never was a big pvm guy though, my only point was, mobs in every game out there are smarter then uo mobs, because its almost like comparing PS3/Xbox360 enemies to Nintendo enemies. Ya kno?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish