And so ends the failed experiment known as UOSA....

Topics related to Second Age
Timelord

And so ends the failed experiment known as UOSA....

Post by Timelord »

Tonight I witnessed 2 or 3 rich people getting enormously more rich... and I'm done. Like I said in my previous post about this "community", I did meet up to 5 decent people in the past year or so and it was fun. But you have a group of maybe 15-20 people who live in castles and towers and have millions upon millions of gold and supplies, and there's only so much dungeon crawling you can do before it just gets old.

I'll be on the lookout for a new shard...I know others open up from time to time and with a fresh start and without this extreme Illuminati powerbase that controls everything it might actually be fun. But for now watching the 1 or 2 guilds and 10 or so players owning everything is tiring and the fall of Roadkill's Rune Library tonight just cinched it at least for me.

Take care people and have fun crawling and begging for the scraps of the ruling few...

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: And so ends the failed experiment known as UOSA....

Post by Matty »

Edited.
Last edited by Kaivan on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Intentional attack for no reason but trash talking.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

cya
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

bye!!!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

Gives me ur stuff.
I mean... bye man!
Derrick wrote:Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.
Kaivan wrote:I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

Timelord wrote:Tonight I witnessed 2 or 3 rich people getting enormously more rich... and I'm done. Like I said in my previous post about this "community", I did meet up to 5 decent people in the past year or so and it was fun. But you have a group of maybe 15-20 people who live in castles and towers and have millions upon millions of gold and supplies, and there's only so much dungeon crawling you can do before it just gets old.

I'll be on the lookout for a new shard...I know others open up from time to time and with a fresh start and without this extreme Illuminati powerbase that controls everything it might actually be fun. But for now watching the 1 or 2 guilds and 10 or so players owning everything is tiring and the fall of Roadkill's Rune Library tonight just cinched it at least for me.

Take care people and have fun crawling and begging for the scraps of the ruling few...
It's a shame you didn't hit pay dirt on a get-rich-quick IDOC, but if you have an issue with dungeon crawling and the community getting old, this probably isn't the game for you anyway. I'm pretty damn poor in this game (I didn't know you couldn't stack more than 60K in one gold pile until I won a PLAYER-RUN event by one of the so-called Illuminati), and I find events like this incredibly fun even when I don't get anything other than killed a dozen times because you have dozens of players at the same event. You don't see that kind of stuff on other shards year after year like you do here because those shards just don't last. But hey, maybe you can find one that will set you up with a custom UO McMansion and a bunch of neon yellow masks and hallies right off the bat.

Sorry your experience has been so tiring. Maybe if you spent your efforts trying to be a part of the community instead of complaining about it and watching the wealthy you would have gotten more enjoyment out of it. Best of luck.

Timelord

Post by Timelord »

I have a small house north of Yew gate up by the shore called Tardis I was just gonna let decay but if you want it msg me ill transfer. Course I got robbed of everything so there's not much in there. But it's all yours.

Oh and if you think my post was about the gold and "free items", you need to read it again it has nothing to do with that.

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Fast year for you!!

Best ping got the deeds fyi and i was not one of them hehe.

SirRobin

Post by SirRobin »

Nevermind, was gonna type a long winded reply, but realized there's no point. Goodluck in your future gaming.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I dunno how you saw anyone pick up any loot at all.... It was a huge mess of pixels, I could hardly see my own character most of the time..

How do you know a couple vets got everything? Seems a bit absurd.

Gork

Post by Gork »

Hmmmm, I guess I'm a ruling elitist Illuminati type because I made over a quarter mil. Well... that just makes my day :)

Enjoy Trammel.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Timelord, what are you actually even saying/suggesting should happen, or should have happened?
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

go play WOW.

Everyone wins!

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

For anyone wondering about the etymology of our present-day use of the word loser, aTimelord presents a pretty good case study.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next