Tank mages!?

Moderator: Support Moderators

DiMe

Tank mages!?

Post by DiMe »

Hey I'm just started out here in the process of macroing my first charachter. I'm just curious do any tank mages effectively use archery or mace fighting/quarter staffs here? Are war hammers any good at all, heavy xbows or does everyone just stick to swords?

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tank mages!?

Post by malice-tg »

DiMe wrote:Hey I'm just started out here in the process of macroing my first charachter. I'm just curious do any tank mages effectively use archery or mace fighting/quarter staffs here? Are war hammers any good at all, heavy xbows or does everyone just stick to swords?
maces are good.

a few archer mages tried for a few weeks but they seem to have vanished.

kingtoad

Re: Tank mages!?

Post by kingtoad »

From what I've seen, swords seem to be the majority vote, but macing would come in second. I would consider archery somewhat "gimped" here as it's the only weapon without instant-hit, it has a damage delay (1 second), and hit timer resets every time you equip the weapon.

Heavy xbow does heaps of damage as it always has, but with the damage, comes it's gimpness. Warhammer isn't worth it as it has the same stats as a Halberd with -10 max damage. Quarterstaff seems to be the way to go.

Return to “New Player Help”