Gauging the interest in a guild for new players

Topics related to Second Age
Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Gauging the interest in a guild for new players

Post by Abbynormal »

Hey ya'll. I'm Abbynormal. Been playing here on and off since 2008. I'm not rich, and I don't PvP. I do however, enjoy PvM, crafting, and resource gathering. I have a 6xGM bard, 7xGM dexxer, 4xGM mule, and a 5xGM T-hunter, and 5xGM resource gatherer.

I've been helping out new people as I come across them, and now I have several small houses, of which I was thinking of turning into a guild Compound.

The Guild would be for new players, getting them started in the game, a safe place to macro, a good location for resource gathering, and guidance when needed. We'll do some dungeon crawls and stuff too.

If you're new, let me know if you'd be interested in joining. If you're a vet, do you think this is a good idea for the new folks, and would you be willing to help out?
Last edited by Abbynormal on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orion GM B^D

Re: Guaging the interest in a guild for new players

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Other than the spelling of [gauging] I think this is a great idea.

The current guild for new players [NEW] is out there, but not sure what their status is as of now.

Put some thought into a name for this guild you are speaking and come up with a good one.
I'll buy the guild deed to get it started and I have a couple smalls for over flow or players that are
worthy of their own house. For the rest of the summer you may not have much interest, but
when winter hits, things may pick up. I've seen a few posts on new people, do a search/quick look
and contact them for possible interest in joining.

Let me know when your ready for the guild deed.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guaging the interest in a guild for new players

Post by Abbynormal »

Orion GM B^D wrote:Other than the spelling of [gauging] I think this is a great idea.

The current guild for new players [NEW] is out there, but not sure what their status is as of now.

Put some thought into a name for this guild you are speaking and come up with a good one.
I'll buy the guild deed to get it started and I have a couple smalls for over flow or players that are
worthy of their own house. For the rest of the summer you may not have much interest, but
when winter hits, things may pick up. I've seen a few posts on new people, do a search/quick look
and contact them for possible interest in joining.

Let me know when your ready for the guild deed.

Thanks Orion! You helped me with my first house when I came back to the game. Your generosity is much appreciated.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Gauging the interest in a guild for new players

Post by Light Shade »

Yeah, there's the [NEW] guild, but they've gotten a pretty bad rep lately. You could join forces with them and clean up the ranks. :D
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abbynormal »

Light Shade wrote:Yeah, there's the [NEW] guild, but they've gotten a pretty bad rep lately. You could join forces with them and clean up the ranks. :D
I'd rather just do my own thing. I don't want to fight an established thing, and all. I'd like to just have a small, chill, friendly guild. They would be more than welcome to join me if they would like to.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

I'd be willing to help any way I can. Have a few smalls that are extremely remote for new players to macro, plus I can lead expeditions to some of the more profitable pvm spots - usually snag a random newbie while trying to get cheap ID wands at yew liches and force em (show them) to go to t2a and stuff.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Groups in dungeons to kill? I think you just made N-S blush.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

It's great to see more ppl wanting to help new players on a daily basis. NEW is big and not all new players like to be in a big guild. NHG is also a new players guild, who wants to stay small, you might wanna check up on them.

Good luck :)
Shop at Stop&Shop in Yew. We restock daily!

Selling bulk boards and ingots. PM me over forums or in IRC.

Are you new on server? Check our site out: http://uonew.cephcom.net

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abbynormal »

bump for 1 more round of comments