SKILL LOCKS

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

SKILL LOCKS

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Everyone knows skill locks/ups/downs are not era accurate so shouldnt we be rid of them? if anything else it will give it a more old timey feel

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: SKILL LOCKS

Post by Daolin »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:Everyone knows skill locks/ups/downs are not era accurate so shouldnt we be rid of them? if anything else it will give it a more old timey feel
proof that they aren't?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

well..everyone does know it, don't feel like grabbing evidence because it is well known amongst the staff as well...

I remember hearing a staff member recently say that they are built into the client either way, so it would be slightly confusing for new players.

EDIT: I think I'll have to retract my statement on this one, I believe it is stat locks that are out of era, skill locks were introduced at some point in T2A.

Sorry for the confusion!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Skill and stat came in about the same time. I know there was no skill or stat lock at the start of t2a, but I believe it was introduced before REN. Anyways, who the hell wants to play without it? It was stupid back then and it'd be stupid now.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Stranger wrote:Skill and stat came in about the same time. I know there was no skill or stat lock at the start of t2a, but I believe it was introduced before REN. Anyways, who the hell wants to play without it? It was stupid back then and it'd be stupid now.
your right i suck thread closed

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Skill locks existed for most of the era, however Stat locks are indeed out of era.
We've discussed doing away with them, but I belive those little arrows are going to stay there either way which as said above is kind of confusing.
For a similar reasons we haven't corrected some of the spell reagent requirements which were changed after era, because they would still appear in the spell book as they do now.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

yep i second that skilllocks came in to my delight after being 7xgm 100000 times and 7x 99.9 100000 times mid t2a and is one of the best changes ever made.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

The skill lock system is basically a stat lock system.

If all skills are locked, stats won't gain. Stat locks just made it a little easier to control your stats
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Barkoviak

Post by Barkoviak »

skill locks were added about a year before trammel. maybe less, I remember when they added it and i was pissed about it and they totally didnt announce it and my brother and I deleted a tamer we had because the skills werent going to be perfect about a week before this.

I just never liked it.

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

Stat Locks were not added till publish 16 and power scrolls came in. They were needed because of the stat cap being raised to 125 from 100.

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Whew I remember having to shuffle around with snooping and spirit speak etc to get them to where I wanted them which was a huge pain in the tail. It was kinda luck of the draw to get them right.
AIM : Progn0sis