48%
Don't care, doesn't affect me / Not online at that time anyway
31%

Total votes: 54

memememe

Petition for longer server wars!

Post by memememe »

Hello there,

I've had the opportunity to talk one of the powers that be. Among other things we had a little chat about the last save and the server war associated with it.
I was made to understand that it's technically possible to extend the period between the last save and the server shut down/restart, thus extending the server war by a finite amount of time. When I asked about actually extending said time span I was given a "maybe". The main concern was that "a lot of people" don't like even those 15 minutes of none-saving server uptime.

So for myself, I enjoy server wars a lot. Especially for a European player like me it's one of the rare opportunities to participate in larger scale PvP. Besides that, the everything-goes FFA aspect of it is somewhat unique due to the nature of the last save, making it a lot of fun for all of the people participating. You could also say it's UOs oldest event, as it's been there since the dawn of (UO) time.

Judging from the comments in IRC before/during/after any server war I always feel that quite a few people enjoy them as much as I do. I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about the swar time span affecting their game experience in a negative way.
Though I do realize that I might just be seeing this through pro-swar-glasses and swar-opposition might actually be a lot greater than I feel it is.
So the point of this thread is to get decent bearing on whether the greater amount of the population would like or dislike a slightly longer swar time-span.

A few things to note:
The idea is to get a little more worth out of the server restart. I was thinking along the lines of max. 15 extra minutes (so max. 30 minutes of total swar time), so roughly double of what it is now. No hour-long periods of none-saving, because that would undoubtedly have a negative impact.
Neither is it an option (as far so I know) to totally remove said restart. So if you're going to vote against this for the sole reason that you want to, for example, macro 24/7 without having to re-login, then I ask you to pick the 1st or 3rd option, because that wouldn't change.

So please vote.
If you do decide to vote against this idea, please take a minute or so explaining why you feel that this is a bad idea.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Petition for longer server wars!

Post by Blaise »

Now that's what I call a high quality automated free-use event!
Here here! Totally era accuratelololoolol

Can we set it for like noon or something though? 4 am is ridiculous.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

killaboy

Post by killaboy »

We all know that server wars is a time for fun and games and that we all love it so but i dont think Derrick would like to take more time out of the game to extend it.

With this being said my vote is TBD.

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I dont care if it gets extended. I just wish it was at like 8pm est or something. Freaking 7 am, ridiculous!
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Menkaure wrote:I dont care if it gets extended. I just wish it was at like 8pm est or something. Freaking 7 am, ridiculous!
That's how it is for the Australians, you're proposing switching places with them!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Hemperor wrote:
Menkaure wrote:I dont care if it gets extended. I just wish it was at like 8pm est or something. Freaking 7 am, ridiculous!
That's how it is for the Australians, you're proposing switching places with them!
All two of them!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

12:00 noon gmt (ireland uk etc) 13:00 for germany holland etc

already interrupting bang int he middle of the day for the 15 minutes it takes now i dont mind but i say nay to extending

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

memememe

Post by memememe »

Seems the guy I talked to does his job pretty well. I really thought people would be more into this. But I guess I hang around mostly swar junkies, probably comes with my play times, more of an aussie than anything else in that regard.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I doubt Murica cares. I, as a Murican don't. No one is awake at these times.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Wil

Post by Wil »

If server wars is that awesome, why not just copy the last save to a dedicated server-wars machine every morning and let it run all day until overwritten the next morning? Have your cake and eat it too. It wouldn't have to take the normal server load.

Freak Show

Post by Freak Show »

I think server wars/ server save should be switched to 6 P.M. CST!! instead of 6 am! that is retarded lets have all the fun on an American based game while all the Americans are sleeping!!
<Vega> cruising for a bruising with my fast ass![/size]
[00:01] <Jumbi> any other idiotic questions
[00:01] <Jumbi> no i cant tell your sex i am not a fortune teller!
[00:01] <Jumbi> leave me alone
[00:02] <Vega> rofl

Freak Show

Post by Freak Show »

Freak Show wrote:I think server wars/ server save should be switched to 6 P.M. CST!! instead of 6 am! that is retarded lets have all the fun on an American based game while all the Americans are sleeping!!
well most of minus this dude
<Vega> cruising for a bruising with my fast ass![/size]
[00:01] <Jumbi> any other idiotic questions
[00:01] <Jumbi> no i cant tell your sex i am not a fortune teller!
[00:01] <Jumbi> leave me alone
[00:02] <Vega> rofl

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Server wars should be removed. Try some real pvp, it's better for the server.

Also, Derrick should make a fake server wars where all of your newbs lose your loot.

Titty babies.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Server wars is only exciting to people who die too often to wear valuable gear...
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Can we also get skill portals so everyone can be a 7x for server wars :roll: :roll: :roll:

RIP Abyss Test!
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.