Question about razor and weapon switching

Topics related to Second Age
Kenpachi

Question about razor and weapon switching

Post by Kenpachi »

So due to the fact i'm not very skilled with razor, I figured some of you in the community could assist me.

So I currently have my arm/disarm hot key set, but I want to know what you need to set up to add a second weapon to do the same thing.
Such as un-equipping your hally and equipping a katana and vice versa with out having to drag and drop. Do I just make 2 different macro's for equip by type and let the spells handle the disarm? I'd prefer not to as you get that extra second delay letting razor disarm for you.

Thanks to whomever can help me on this.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Question about razor and weapon switching

Post by Menkaure »

I honestly just do it manually. Like unequipped/equip hally is my ~ button and equip/unequip katana is '
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kenpachi

Post by Kenpachi »

Thats actually exactly what i'm talking about, maybe I worded it wrong.
So I have "W" as a generic arm/disarm
What do I do to make "W" only arm/disarm the hally and assign a different key to only arm/disarm the katana?

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Set an arm dress selection to the halberd.

Set an arm dress selection to the katana.

Then set a hot key to 'toggle' the halberd arm/dress selection.

Then set a hot key to 'toggle' the katana arm/dress selection.

Now when you have your halberd equipped, your katana toggle will de equip your halberd, and equip your katana. If you have your katana equipped and click your katana toggle, it will disarm you. Same thing to arm again.

Same thing works with Hally.

Good luck! :)

memememe

Post by memememe »

If it's exclusively a 1-handed and a 2-handed weapon you can use the razor inbuild arm/disarm left hand and right hand. One is for 1 handed weapons, the other for 2 handed.
If you want to do it with 2 different 1 handed weapons, like a kryss and a war fork, you have to go via the razor arm/disarm tab. And make separate arm/disarm sets for both weapons, right click the weapon you targeted and select "by TYPE" and then assign a key to this arm/disarm macro in the razor hotkeys -> dress tab. This macro will always work if you only have 1 of each weapon in your bag.
If you carry multiply weapons, like 1 normal and 1 charged Hally, you gotta make 2 make macros and target the weapons, only this time you leave the weapons by their ID and every time you get a new weapon you have to retarget.

So in the end you can make a arm macro for each and every weapon you want, each on a separate button. Your DISARM button can always be the same though by using disarm both hands from the razor dress menu.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

AshBorn wrote:Set an arm dress selection to the halberd.

Set an arm dress selection to the katana.

Then set a hot key to 'toggle' the halberd arm/dress selection.

Then set a hot key to 'toggle' the katana arm/dress selection.

Now when you have your halberd equipped, your katana toggle will de equip your halberd, and equip your katana. If you have your katana equipped and click your katana toggle, it will disarm you. Same thing to arm again.

Same thing works with Hally.

Good luck! :)
This is without a doubt the best route to go down. Not only is it great that you can easily swap from Halberd to Katana with just one key press, its also easier to change the weapons in the dress section when/if you lose your stuff.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Jay

Post by Jay »

If it's a weapon that can be stolen you should also change the undress bag.
This way when you disarm it, it won't go into your main pack.. making it a little harder to steal.