A slew of inaccurate skills

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

A slew of inaccurate skills

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: A slew of inaccurate skills

Post by Hemperor »

Eval int doesn't gain with magery anymore I believe...all passive gains were removed recently.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Prior to Feb 1999, there was no relation to Anatomy skill and fighting. If you stopped playing in 1998 you would never have played at a time when this even made sence. However the ability to get passive gains in skills like Anatomy and Evaluating Inteligence were introduced over a year later. Just before the UO:R release:
OSI Server Publish Mar 9 2000 10:52AM CST wrote: In addition, certain “secondary” skills will raise when using an associated skill (similar to the way tactics increases while using a combat skill). You will need to mark a skill as “up” in order for it raise in this manner.
  • Evaluate Intelligence can raise when Magery is used.
  • Anatomy can raise when either a melee skill or the healing skill is used.
  • Lumberjacking can raise when using an axe in melee.
  • Meditation can raise whenever mana is regenerated.
  • Hiding can raise when Stealthing.
  • Detect Hidden can raise when attempting to pick a lock when a chest is trapped or when disarming a trap.
  • Animal Lore can raise when attempting to Tame.
You may read the complete patch here:
http://update.uo.com/design_180.html

Also, the Meditation skill was also introduced in Feb 99, there was no meditation in early or pre-T2A.

I understand that this was a long time ago and memories falter. Just trying to keep the record straight.

The complete 1999 patch notes are available on our website here: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I thought that all occured before T2A, must have been UO:R or something. Got the answers straight from the UO site. Thanks, and sorry about the annoyance.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Oh I forgot one thing, the delay between using Evalint or Arms lore. It used to be much shorter. I had a simple macro program my boyfriend at the time (how I got into UO) wrote for me. It did not have delays and worked off the screen positions, hotkeys and clicking. So I set up an Evalint macro in game that used the skill and one of 10 sheep I boxed into a grid pattern at a house, and then did the same for the next sheep until hitting all of them. There was no "Wait X seconds" so I had to make it walk me up and down a little before using the skill again because it was running too fast. There was a delay of about 500ms or so to use a skill.

Or I could be delusional again..

Faust

Post by Faust »

Server Publish Mar 9 2000 10:52AM CST

Changes to Skill Gain

Changes to the skill gain system to facilitate better gains and lessen the effectiveness of macroing.

The chance to learn a skill will be increased during the first hour of play each day for each character. Note this only affects the chance to increase a skill, not the chance to succeed in using it.
The burst system will not affect non-difficulty skills that below base 70.0.
The rate at which non-difficulty based skills gain will be further increased.
The skill usage table will no longer fluctuate based on how often skills are used.
Skill delays for the following skills will be shortened to one second.
Animal Lore
Arms Lore
Anatomy
Item Identification
Detect Hidden
Enticement
Evaluate Intelligence
Forensic Evaluation
Sprit Speak
Taste Identification
In reality eval is actually faster than it should be. It is roughly around 6 seconds on UOSA currently. During the t2a era it and just about every other skill with a delay was 10 seconds.